• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Prison is hell" - The Torque Support Thread

Blitzwing

Smash Cadet
You know, Multiversus is lacking in one area of Warner Bros. library, the video game characters. I'd imagine they'd probably want them in Smash.

The characters people are throwing around is mainly characters from the Mortal Kombat franchise, and it makes sense. Warner Bros owned the property for more than a decade now, and it's been really successful. But, we are forgetting about the Midway franchises. Like the Rampages, the Dr. Mutos, and for this discussion, The Suffering.

The Suffering was a horror game released in 2004, and starred Torque, a man who was sent to jail for killing his family. The game has a multiple choice system, as the player can decide the outcome as to what actually put Torque in jail. But, it isn't an ordinary jail. As dead inmates come back to life to kill everyone, and that makes Torque a target.

Torque is a normal guy, and that's something I think this game is lacking. Using weapons ranging from shotguns, flaming cocktails, or just stab people. The most exciting part is he can transform into a monster, so Torque can have a type of ability like Joker in Smash Ultimate where if he deals enough damage or if enough damage is dealt to him, he can get new abilities, and turn the match in his favor.

Is Torque likely? Most likely not. He's from a forgotten game, so no one will root for him. He's a very niche choice. But, I'd like to see him join the roster.

Top Bottom