• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prima Official Game guide Bowser profile discussion

pyro363

Smash Journeyman
looking for youko and samurai panda at michigan st
Whats up guys i got the prima guides book and just wanted to share some bowser info with you.

First i'll do a quick bio:
King of the koopas and mario's rival. He uses many weapons to try and take out mario.

Character rating:
Offense-7 Defense-5 Projectile-3
Final smash-7 Throwing ability-8 Speed-1 Overall-7

Special move breakdown:
Fire breath-Fire comes out of mouth like a short ranged projectile. Longer you hold in the longer you spit fire for but it gets smaller. 12 sec it takes to get smaller and regenerate.
Flying slam-Great alternative to smash but not as strong but its faster.
Whirling fortress-Not much of a boost towards recovering. First hit launches people in air.
Bowser bomb-Quick 2 hit that can KO opponents.
Giga bowser-Attacks do more damage and greater range of attack.

General strategies:
First thing is you must stay close to your opponent. Use smash attacks and flying slam as main forms of attack. If an opponent is vunerable use the bowser bomb to get an easy KO. The whirling fortress is good to use if in a crowded situation.
Advanced strategies:
Even though bowser is slow use his throws alot because they execute faster but watch out the throws have minimum range.

KO potential and weight class:
Bowser makes up for his slow speed with alot of power. He's top tier in power and heavyweight because of his strength. He is very difficult to KO.

One vs One
Large stages are bad because the opponents can get away and it will take some time to catch them. Stay close and don't give them an opportunity to escape. Use fire if they run away then pummel them with all of his attacks.

Free for All
In these fights its good for bowser because if one opponent escapes then he has other options to attack. Use the bomb and whirling fortress to clear a group of enemies.

Ok so bowsers review i thought was a little vague. There wasn't that much info to work with. So when it comes to weight and power i love the fact that bowser owns in these situations but his speed just sucks i mean prima gave that a 1 when i remember youko said it was higher than that. Overall rating though was preety good i guess. His special move breakdown was good for begineers but what about us pros. I guess though the book may be presented for noobs. I actually liked the strategies. They make you think a little bit of how to fight with bowser unless your gimpy.

So now it's your turn to talk about anything bowser. You can talk about his review from prima, if you want to add anything that the guide missed, or just anything in general about bowser. Any secrets you found you can especially say and even any questions you have.

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
Where the heck did these people learn english? Seriously, i know grade school kids who have better writing skills than that.

Top Bottom