• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

preparing for lift off! need some help!

so i was at a tournament on saturday, and untill that tournament i hadnt had a second character. after the fighting of the day was over and i had done decently well for having been counter picked several times. i saw my friends partner playing a friendly brawl and watched as he made those arrows loop the stage and sky, and so many other things and on the trip home i told my self, pit is my second hand man. im sure i could find it around the forums, but i looked around and didnt see to many of what i was looking for, and im pretty sure im late in the game just now picking up a second character and one that has so many T's and AT's that i dont quite understand, so i was just asking for some help

Thanks From, HeavensKnights Donut of the Blue Fire

Areas of intrest
Arrow control
Wing Dashing
Wing renewal

Thats some of what im sure i need to know, but if you have anything else feel free to post it i appreciate all the help from SWF pit community.

kupo15

Smash Hero
To avoid rewriting what I wrote, I hope you don't mind me just giving you links to the threads. They are very helpful..
Wing Dashing
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164871

Arrow control doesn't really have its own thread, it is kinda a bunch of threads that Undrdog will hopeful combine into one >_< So Maybe you should post some questions you have about it here.

If Pit touches the ground (while still in the Wings of Icarus (WoI)) then he gets all of his jumps and Up B back. So what you can do is Jump>WoI asap>chase opponent off the stage with agility>Jump back to the stage.

Welcome to the Pit Forums ^_^

KuroX

Smash Rookie
Adding to the list of what to learn, should be:

Angelic Step

possibly Pit's Super Armor with his downB

Edit
If Pit touches the ground (while still in the Wings of Icarus (WoI)) then he gets all of his jumps and Up B back. So what you can do is Jump>WoI asap>chase opponent off the stage with agility>Jump back to the stage.
Don't the jumps only come back if you attack out of WoI? Just thought I'd ask. Perhaps maybe I read it incorrectly.

kupo15

Smash Hero
No. If you just jump off the ledge and use the WoI even on your first jump, you will lose your remaining jumps and still not have an Up B. The only way to do this is by touching the ground in the WoI state to renew your recovery options while chasing off the stage with the WoI.
And you might as well add ART to the list but I think that the three things mentioned should be learned first.

Angelic step and ART should be learned after unless he can pick up these quickly. I would say that ART is easier to learn at an 80% confidence level because you are training your muscles on essentially two different timings. Angelic step requires a knowledge of frame data which would be overwhelming to a newcomer.

kk, thanks kupo for the quick walkthrough of wing renewal, and the welcome. thanks everyone and i hope more contribute. also one note, when you say frame data i know exactly what you are talking about now the only thing i would need to know is when the frames for whatever your talking about begins and ends, and the overall frame rate of the game with those two it would all become a matter of practice and eventually perfection.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Well, you would need an Action Replay but actually knowing that the Arrow ends on Frame X with X frames of lag I think is pointless. The type of frame data I mean is all about feel. So you need play Pit enough and practice his moves enough to know how the ending animations differ (by feel) to be able to perform the Angelic Step perfectly every time.

well what are the exact ideas behind angelic step, cause without knowing anything i cant begin to understand something. i still see where your angling from a newb could never begin on some thing like that but it still gives food for whats to come.

Top Bottom