• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest Prelude To Smash: Breaking Limits 1v1 and 2v2(Teammate is amiibo) $100 pot bonus

Prelude To Smash: Breaking Limits 1v1 and 2v2(Teammate is amiibo) $100 pot bonus
Posted by MrRecluse
Kintech Houston
Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 12:00 PM
Until: Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 11:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

MrRecluse

Smash Cadet

Prelute To Smash Presents: Breaking Limits

This is the 4th tournament of prelude to smash. Breaking Limits will have a 1v1 and a 2v2 (teammate is amiibo) double elimination tournament. Please be on time for this event. If you bring a setup I will waive your venue fee! We also have a 70 entrant cap and about a 13 setup cap as well. Also the pot bonus for singles will be announced soon so keep checking this page!

If we hit 70 entrants. the pot bonus will be raised to $200! Also top 8 will be paid. Once we past 70 entrants and more still show, those extra who came still have to pay only venue and get a different colored wrist band. wristbands may be given out to show your in for either singles or whichever the next event is determined.

Venue:
The event is back at Kintech Houston cyber lounge. The event is located next to estar chinese buffet, whataburger,subway, and texaco gas station. We are capping the venue at 70 entrants and 13 setups. Yes, Subway is right next door to us. But, that does not mean you won't get disqualified for being late to your match. period! also, I will issue warnings for wireless controllers of any kind that is not de synced after a match. After this warning you will be sent to losers bracket. if this still persists for the same person causing the issue. that person will be disqualified from the tournament. Same rule applies for being late to your match.

Address: 17452 Northwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77040

Schedule March 19th:
12:00 p.m. - Venue opens and setting up begins NOTE: $2 of the $7.00 venue gets you automatic entry to the prize drawing of your choosing! Prizes will be announced soon.
1:00 p.m. - 1v1, 2v2 (teammate is amiibo) event , and $2 Prize Drawing Registration at the same time.
1:30 p.m. - 2v2 (Teammate is amiibo) Tournament begins
3:00 p.m. - 1v1 Tournament begins

Venue Fees and entry:

Eventbrite Link:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/prelude-to-smash-breaking-limits-1v1-and-tba-pot-bonus-tba-tickets-21657940483
If you pay venue online and want to bring a set up. Please show me proof of payment and I will refund you at the door. Venue can be paid online or at the door. Other entries must be paid at the door only. Thank you!

$7 Venue fee ( waived if you bring a set-up)
$5 for 1v1 entry
$5 2v2 entry
Please bring set ups! There will only be about 13 or more accepted . If there are more than 13 setups they will have to be turned down unless we have more room for them.

Full set ups include:
-TV/ HD monitor
-Wii U charger and Gamecube adapter
-A copy of smash brothers along with all the DLC characters. You must have all the DLC characters for your venue to be waived!

Tournament Rules:
- Team attack is turned on
- Game Settings: 3 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Equipment Off, 2/3 Games
- Mii fighters: no custom characters or custom Mii fighters with special move sets. Regular Mii fighters will do.
-If time runs out, the player with less damage wins the match.
- Make sure your amiibo is at least 50 and no custom moves or abilities.
-
IMPORTANT: Game pad is not legal. Also If you do not de sync your wireless controller after a match you will be DQ'd and sent to losers. If it persists then you will be DQ'd from the tournament. I will give warnings of course. We need to keep the tournament going as smoothly as possible with no unnecessary interruptions.

Neutral Stage List:
Smashville
Town and City
Battlefield/Miiverse
Final Destination/Omega stages
Lylat Cruise

Counter Pick Stage List:
DreamLand 64
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Duck Hunt

this event will be live streamed on twitch!
http://www.twitch.tv/preludetosmash

Prize Pay Out: (70 entrant cap)
1v1
1-31 entrants
1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%

32 entrants+
1st: 50%
2nd: 20%
5th: 5%
5th: 5%

2v2
6 teams or less:
Winner take all

7-10 teams
1st: 75%

11-19 teams
1st: 60%
3rd: 15%

20 teams+
1st: 55%

Jon ¤ZG¤

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jonathan-013
Just want to know ahead of time, is there an age restriction? (For example, 18 yrs or older) If not, I might be able to go.

MrRecluse

Smash Cadet
I'll see if i may be able to go!
Very nice. remember, if your doing teams, Your amiibo must be level 50 with custom moves or abilities. And if you bring a set up. you can get your venue fee waived.

GR8gamer

Smash Rookie
Very nice. remember, if your doing teams, Your amiibo must be level 50 with custom moves or abilities. And if you bring a set up. you can get your venue fee waived.
Sorry, i can't go. i just recently found out that my family is busy the day of the tournament. Maybe some other time though! I hope the event ends up well! :)

Top Bottom