• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prediction: Who do you think will be the best (Tier wise) charcter in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I know some say this is far too early to talk about this and i agree but keep in my this is a prediction not a confirmation. I will probably be most likely wrong on this:

Sheik - She was so good in Melee and honestly from the footage i have seen she looks as good as she does in Melee especially with this game being a lot faster than it was. I can Sheik being Top Tier

Zero Suit Samus - After seeing the tournament footage i can see that ZSS will be one of the best characters in the game if she is not nerfed i can see her easily making it into A or S Tier.

Greninja - I may be wrong on this but Greninja looks to be extremely good. As not only he has a decent amount of power behind his attack but has decent recovery. I can see Greninja making high in the Tier List

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
I know some say this is far too early to talk about this and i agree but keep in my this is a prediction not a confirmation. I will probably be most likely wrong on this:

Sheik - She was so good in Melee and honestly from the footage i have seen she looks as good as she does in Melee especially with this game being a lot faster than it was. I can Sheik being Top Tier

Zero Suit Samus - After seeing the tournament footage i can see that ZSS will be one of the best characters in the game if she is not nerfed i can see her easily making it into A or S Tier.

Greninja - I may be wrong on this but Greninja looks to be extremely good. As not only he has a decent amount of power behind his attack but has decent recovery. I can see Greninja making high in the Tier List
I can't say EXACTLY one character, but

-Greninja looks absolutely amazing, Decent power, lots of mobility and a great Meteor Smash.

-Robin seems to be a bit tricky but I can tell will not be some average character. Powerful ranged attacks combine with powerful melee attacks to give you one of the best characters ever.

-Pac-Man. To be honest, he seems to have the best amount of recovery I have ever seen, aside from Kirby. Along with some pretty powerful moves, it seems that Pac-Man will at least be mid tier.

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
i can see zero suit samus being top 5 or 10 she looks really good

i can also little mac being top 10 he has a lot of powerful attacks

wafflini

Smash Apprentice
Villager top tier 4eva

On a serious note though, I think WFT will be high. She doesn't seem to have anything spectacular, but all her moves seem really solid andn powerful.

If pikachu keeps the changes we saw in the invatational she will be up there as well. 3 butsts in recovery+ almost lagless nair is a recipe for sucess.

D

Deleted member

Rosalina, (once mastered) WFT is also going to be up there.

Sheik is still looking top as well.

Also DK, ZSS, Kirby and Greninja could be vying for that position as well.

I'm feeling that Robin could get up there once mastered since complexity speaking she is on the same level as Rosalina (if not higher).

Lucario with his buffed aura and possibly an Extremespeed hitbox as well as no major nerfs to his aerial game (as far as we know), which was phenomenal in Brawl, is a given for being one of if not the absolute best character come release, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toadmode

Smash Rookie
Captain Falcon or Zero Suit may be top tier in my opinion. I can't pick with confidence since the whole roster isn't here yet.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
So far, I'm thinking Wii Fit Trainer has a good chance. She's got all the tools of typically successful characters.

1. Projectiles - Volleyball AND Sun Salutation look to be a nice mix-up for spacing and edge-guarding

2. Deep Breathing - Characters who can minimize effective downtime tend to gain a small advantage (with chargeable things usually)

3. Good Speed - Very few high-tier characters are slow

4. Attacks! - They look to have good speed, and she had a neutral combo string that plants you in the ground.

5. Good Aerial Mobility - Most good characters have a solid air game

The things I'm not sure she has which would make her even better are; a suite of finishing moves, a good weight, a good fall speed, good grabs

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Of course, along with everyone else and their mother I'm sure that ZSS, Sheik, and Greninja will be top tier. Once people figure out Rosalina, new Olimar, and Robin, I'm sure they'll be up there too. The changes to Pit, Bowser, and Yoshi are good, but unfortunately not good enough to send them to the top. Mario and Link seem pretty darn good compared to their previous incarnations. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Wii Fit, Little Mac, and Samus will be up there as well.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Whatever newcomer is revealed next is going to be the MetaKnight of Smash 4. That's how it is with each newcomer.

Pit is looking good. Palutena would be the best character if Lightweight lets her combo more than anyone else.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't really pay attention to tiers (I pick characters based on personal preference) so go easy on me. :awesome:

I feel like Greninja is the most solid of all the newcomers. His down aerial is pretty awesome; You go straight down and bounce up if you hit someone, letting you do it over and over. He was pretty fast too when I played as him.

A while from now, once people master her, Rosalina might be up there as well.

Senario

Smash Ace
Best: shiek, ZSS.
Worst: little mac (sorry), depending on how tomes and such work Robin (so much lag on all ground moves and air moves and they don't seem all that much to trade off for having stupid amounts of lag. Oh and he can lose his recovery).

D

Deleted member

Worst: little mac (sorry), depending on how tomes and such work Robin (so much lag on all ground moves and air moves and they don't seem all that much to trade off for having stupid amounts of lag. Oh and he can lose his recovery).
Also Zelda.

I would say that solo Zelda could actually be worse than Mac because the only thing she really has going for her is the range of Farore's Wind and the Din's Fire edgeguard, other than that? Nothing that great, honestly. Meanwhile Mac at least has a phenomenal ground offense. She's terrible, to be blunt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I am willing to bet that Little Mac will be good in 1v1

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
Judging from the demos at E3, I'd say Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, Fox and Greninja will all be high tier.

I also sense that Rosalina, Olimar and Robin will be characters that will rise up the ranks like a slow burn as people get used to them.

Senario

Smash Ace
Also Zelda.

I would say that solo Zelda could actually be worse than Mac because the only thing she really has going for her is the range of Farore's Wind and the Din's Fire edgeguard, other than that? Meanwhile Mac at least has a phenomenal ground offense. She's terrible, to be blunt.
I keep forgetting Zelda, Maybe it is the years of people picking Zelda and never playing as her just playing as Sheik. But yeah Zelda is pretty bad. She is so bad I forget she is in the game :p. lol that is actually very sad.

wafflini

Smash Apprentice
I think the villager will be the dark horse of the tier list.

All his moves are very solid and strong, and he also had good combo potential, but I fear no one will put the time Into learning him.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I think the villager will be the dark horse of the tier list.

All his moves are very solid and strong, and he also had good combo potential, but I fear no one will put the time Into learning him.
You may good points but i don't think he will be that strong compared with other charcters

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
Sheik seems to have low-lag aerials with powerful combo and killing ability. Greninja has quick and strong attacks, disjointed and low-lag smashes, long reaching and versatile recovery, and crisp, satisfying aerials. Kirby is like 64/Brawl Kirby, and this game's focus on offstage combat will benefit characters with multiple jumps and good air games like him. After this, I'm thinking Marth, Lucina, Toon Link, and Mario will be high tier. Maybe a few unannounced vets (Falco, MK, etc.)

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet
I think that some higher tier characters will be:
Zero Suit Samus (excellent mobility, aerials, and spacing game)
Greninja (great mobility, down air, speed, and projectile)
Pit (crazy good recovery and buffed moves)
Sheik (good tilts, speed, and her new >B is fantastic)
Kirby (stronger moves overall, and a good recovery)
Link I'm not sure about, but he could be high tier for once (great projectiles, better moves and recovery)
I honestly think Mii Gunners could be pretty good, from what we've seen of them
WFT has lots of solid attacks, and her Jab Combo buries, so that's super interesting
And, from what I've seen, Donkey Kong has been really good.
I haven't seen much of him, but Ken said that Sonic is high tier, so I'll believe him.

Low tier:
Zelda's garbage-tier again, she doesn't really have much going for her
I think Little Mac will be pretty low tier, as a simple up-throw or a move like Raptor Boost will send him into the air, which isn't good for him
Unless they seriously buff his projectiles' damage and knockback, Megaman will probably end up low tier.
If landing lag isn't fixed by release, Marth could end up low tier due to the huge lag on his aerials, and Dancing Blade's nerf.
If he has the same problems plaguing him as in Brawl, Falcon could be low tier again, but we haven't seen enough of him to really find out. Stomp is supremely buffed now, though, due to spikes bouncing back up.
I have a feeling that Sakurai will nerf Meta Knight too much, like he did with Kirby from 64 to Melee.
And finally, I believe that Mario will end up low tier, as well. His recovery is still bad and FLUDD is still useless.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Little Mac's speed is extremely good. That's why i think he will be better than most pepole assume him to bd

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Top Tier: I'm gonna go with Zero Suit Samus with what we currently know. She looks to have the most combo game and has plenty of KO moves with her new side smash and up special. She was really high tier in Brawl and looks to only of been buffed in Smash 4. That said she isn't ridiculously better than Kirby or anyone else on the roster. She's no Meta Knight.

Bottom Tier: Zelda. Easily. You'd think with SDI being nerfed that she would be so much stronger, but the damage, knock back, and range looks to be nerfed on all of her attacks. Unless she's changed or we learn something new I don't have much hope for this character.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Sheik, WFT, and greninja are all good spectacles. I think rosalina might have a tier place like the IC. She's gonna be mid tier, but end up high tier. I honestly think that while pacman and Robin look fun to use, there are gonna be mid to lower teir.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Sheik, WFT, and greninja are all good spectacles. I think rosalina might have a tier place like the IC. She's gonna be mid tier, but end up high tier. I honestly think that while pacman and Robin look fun to use, there are gonna be mid to lower teir.
I think Rosalina will be extremely good once pepole learn how to use her

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
:rosalina:; She doesn't even have to enter the fight herself. Luma can do all the dirty work and she doesn't even have to take any damage. And Luma's self-healing.
That said, this is only for 1v1. She's going to be the worst out of all characters in Doubles and FFA.

:4littlemac:; People are really underestimating him. His super armor gives him an advantage not many other characters have, not to mention the lower- forward smash that stuns the opponent and can combo into a finisher. And then he can kill the opponent's next stock early on by puting on a bit of damage, then using the same maneuver and comboing into the KO Punch.

:4pikachu:; Two words: Buffed. Thunder. And it's specifically made to be a combo starter this time.

Last edited:

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Slightly Off Topic: In my mind 64 was the most balanced besides Samus.

On Topic i hope Pikachu will be as good as he was in 64

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Pikachu is male, also I think the triple quick attack thing was fake.
I think FemPikachu is probably going to be an alt. Adding that heart-shaped tail isn't going to be hard to do. But that's off-topic.

Slightly Off Topic: In my mind 64 was the most balanced besides Samus.

On Topic i hope Pikachu will be as good as he was in 64
Judging from what Mew2King said about :4kirby: being a smooth transition from :kirby64:, that's certainly a possibility.

Last edited:

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Little Mac's speed is extremely good. That's why I think he will be better than most people assume him to be.
Definitely. I wrote a really long Little Mac Break Down article myself based on my 140+ rounds with him. He has the second fastest and dash and his attack speed is amazing. Combine that with high damage and super armor and you have a character that has to be respected.

I think Rosalina will be extremely good once pepole learn how to use her
Same. Only one guy at Oz Comic Con was making any good use of her. Rosalina's forward throw into Luma's upTilt/upSmash into Rosalina's forward air is cool stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing what else the two can do together.

Last edited:

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
I've already given my opinion on the BEST, so the WORST characters this time around are most likely:

-Zelda. Being her own seperate character and her down special replaced with that terrible move, She's really got nothing going for her.

-Mega Man. (Sorry!) Of all the gameplay I've seen of him, he's lost miserably. Now, that may be due to items, but I'm willing to bet that he's going to be pretty low tier.

-Sadly, I'm gonna have to say Yoshi. Pretty much outclassed now.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Some of you may not know this, but Luigi has been buffed.

His Fair is way stronger and he can Wall Jump, this may put him above Mario. We have to wait to see.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's a little too early for this thread. Let's at least wait until September when we have actual information to work from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom