• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pre/post-fight banter!

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
One of the fun things in crossovers is seeing characters converse, however, Smash (outside of the Codec conversations and a few SSE scenes) doesn't really do this.

One thing common in fighting games that could fix this is characters exchanging a few lines pre-fight and post fight. While a number of characters are mute (Link), semi-mute (most Pokemon. Possibly Mario who can only speak in catchphrases or gibberish most of the time) or really should be mute (Pokemon trainer, Samus) some do have solutions (Link has Minda, Phi or whoever is giving monster data), I think it would be cool to see.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Immediately my mind thinks of Kirby going "Poyo poyo poy poy!" at an annoyed Falco. I would love to see this and would like to remain optimistic, but the chances of this happening are slim between those not of the same universe.
"Meta Knight tells me you have much yet to learn, Fox," -Falco while teaming with MK against Fox post-match.
Post match after winning a team game: Marth kneels and kisses a blushing Zelda's hand *trollface?*

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah more interaction between characters would be awesome no doubt, Like in Brawl where Snake & Slippy have their little conversation, definitely would not be mad at more of that

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Doesn't Fox and Wolf have a little bit of an exchange post fight? If so, then surely they can expand on this much further with other characters.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Oh man Phi would be the biggest troll. "Master, my data predicts that the probability of victory is 3%. I suggest you approach the ledge and proceed to jump."

They gave fox and falco post fight conversations that were unique. Fox said something like, "Better luck next time Falco."
But this only worked because they were among the few talking characters.

Top Bottom