Praise the Sun! - Solaire of Astora for Smash Switch

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Switch FC
SW-8176-8978-3289
I want to disgress though.. Solaire is more iconic that chosen undead, but i don't think chosen undead is not iconic... at least the "elite knight armor" one is pretty iconic, being in tons of fan media and being basically the posterboy.
I respect your opinion, but I would list about ten things only from Dark Souls (excluding Demon's, II and III) more iconic than the Chosen Undead. The fact Chosen Undead doesn't speak, doesn't have a default look, etc makes them not that iconic.

However, they wouldn't be the first "avatar" in the game and Villager also doesn't speak (and Villager wasn't exactly the most iconic fellow from AC) so nothing would that mean the Chosen Undead couldn't be playable instead of Solaire.

ActualGarbage

Smash Journeyman
I respect your opinion, but I would list about ten things only from Dark Souls (excluding Demon's, II and III) more iconic than the Chosen Undead. The fact Chosen Undead doesn't speak, doesn't have a default look, etc makes them not that iconic.

However, they wouldn't be the first "avatar" in the game and Villager also doesn't speak (and Villager wasn't exactly the most iconic fellow from AC) so nothing would that mean the Chosen Undead couldn't be playable instead of Solaire.
I think the thing that makes the Chosen Undead work less compared to other avatar characters (Villager, Robin, Corrin) is that they all have a more defined move pool to have. Villager does what they do in their games, and Robin uses the equipment they can use in their game. The problem with the Chosen Undead though is that they'd have such a vast ocean of moves they could pull from, that they wouldn't really be doing things "right". Since there's so many different weapons, items and armour sets in the game, I feel it wouldn't really work to take only a handful of things that some players might not even use in their Souls playthrough. While Solaire on the other hand, has a distinct look, weapons and attacks, so, if he was put into Smash, he'd feel like Solaire, while the Chosen Undead would only feel like a specific version of them, not the whole thing.

TL;DR Solaire just works better cause he's more grounded in terms of actual character and what he can do.

I will stand by my statement that Solaire works better because he is more iconic, the closest to a mascot the Souls series has.
I think that's reasonable. He is the one with the Amiibo, after all :4pacman:

This may have been discussed, already, but how do people picture Solaire working in Smash? Coming from Dark Souls, his attacks would probably be pretty committal, but really punishing to land. I imagine him using movement/rolling/blocking/parrying for a patient bait-and-punish style. He also needs a Praise The Sun taunt. Thoughts?