• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Practicing Multishines?

copke

I Just Got This Controller
NNID
copke46
3DS FC
1049-0983-0823
What's the best way to practice Multishines with Fox? The farthest I can get to consistently is triple, but I want to be able to do more than three. I can never get 4+ steadily.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
try to get 4 occasionally until it becomes consistent. you can also practice them out of shield and other positions so you're comfortable with that and mix it in with other tech skill practice.

Squirrell

Smash Cadet
I understand that multishining looks sick as heck, but really what makes it worth learning? If you can doubleshine you should have no problem with shield pressure or getting out of shield. What does being able to multishine do for your game as a Fox besides showing off that you can push buttons really fast?

Don't get me wrong, I get it, I've just always been curious about this and recently picked up Fox, so I wanna know if it actually has uses.

Last edited:

AscendantAquila

Smash Cadet
As far as risk-reward, it's not great. If you are incredibly good at it, the only escape your opponent has is a roll, although an unstaled multishine catches buffered roll, but the shine is almost never unstaled so a roll should get them out of pressure. However, since their only escape option is roll (spot dodge is too risky), you could read the roll and have a 50/50 chance of punishing even harder. However if you hit them with the shine should they try to escape, chances are you are unable to convert off the hit, so realistically there isn't much use for anything beyond a doubleshine, tripleshine is debatable but IMO is not worth it. Combine this with the ease of messing it up in a match and being punished and honestly it's not worth going for in matches, but it does have uses and if you are incredibly consistent with it, is not a bad option.

hi im dennis

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if anyone said this but make sure you think of sliding from X/Y to B as one motion over and over, not back and forth.

Cres

Smash Rookie
Anything above double is kinda useless aside from swagging out with it. Triple has less frame advantage than double even so just stick to consistent double shines. I only really multishine after killing someone or if I wanna BM on a top platform if it's a floaty. It's pretty funny.

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
Be consistent with double shine>Wave dash down and shine OoS>Wave dash down. That is very useful.

Top Bottom