• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Practice Partner(s)

Migetman3214

Smash Rookie
NNID
MegaVulcan3000
3DS FC
3566-2036-2119
Hey Smash Community,

I'm Migetman3214. My Smash 4 user is MegaVulcan3000. I main Pikachu (1) and am currently working on Yoshi (2), Mario (3) and RosaLuma (4).

I'm really interested in getting more into the Smash community and go to tournaments and stuff. I just need a whole lot of practice and some feedback on my play style and tech. So I'm looking for someone to practice with so I can get better (or more emphatically "git gud").

I consider myself better than intermediate but not expert, mainly due to my lack of reading and general tech skill. Like... I research a lot about how to play Pikachu from forums, watching tournaments (mainly Esam and Rideae) and info videos (Jtails, Beefy Smash Dudes, Rush Hour Smash) but I feel like I'm not doing any of it right because my results or play-style only seem to have change for that one day and then revert back (these are known as my "good days").

I want to end these "good days" and just be good.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Migetman3214 (Vulcan)

Last edited:

Derpnaster

Smash Journeyman
Yo, I'm a Link main and firstly I'd like to help out. Secondly As a bit of playstyle advice. Don't bother trying to copy other players, it holds you back more than it helps. Find your own unique flare and run with it, if that means you like to abuse Pika's grab and pummel AWSOME, if it means you like to carry peeps offstage AWSOME, if it means you play hit and run AWSOME. Find what makes your pika unique and run with it.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here to socialize and have fun.

Check out the new Smash Connect forums for user based services including artwork and customization services.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @WolfieXVII @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

Migetman3214

Smash Rookie
NNID
MegaVulcan3000
3DS FC
3566-2036-2119
Yo, I'm a Link main and firstly I'd like to help out. Secondly As a bit of playstyle advice. Don't bother trying to copy other players, it holds you back more than it helps. Find your own unique flare and run with it, if that means you like to abuse Pika's grab and pummel AWSOME, if it means you like to carry peeps offstage AWSOME, if it means you play hit and run AWSOME. Find what makes your pika unique and run with it.

Hey! Thanks for responding and I'll definitely take you up on your offer! Just add me and let me know when you're free to do a few matches.

Zet4Dragon

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZetaDragon
3DS FC
5215-3616-9323
I'm pretty good with :4pit: and I managed to win some For Glory matches with him.
My NNID is ZetaDragon if you're interested.
Also I think I ight have found a true combo with :4pit:: FThrow -> SSpecial

Migetman3214

Smash Rookie
NNID
MegaVulcan3000
3DS FC
3566-2036-2119
I'm pretty good with :4pit: and I managed to win some For Glory matches with him.
Hey ! I'm up for some matches! I'd definitely like to see that true combo.

Derpnaster

Smash Journeyman
It's weight and DI dependant. Pit and DPits Fthrow tends to send characters high, so if they DI down it becomes possible to connect with a Upperdash Arm. Not really true because it can be DIed but still a very painful mixup, and a punish if they airdodge and land right afterward

Zet4Dragon

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZetaDragon
3DS FC
5215-3616-9323
It's weight and DI dependant. Pit and DPits Fthrow tends to send characters high, so if they DI down it becomes possible to connect with a Upperdash Arm. Not really true because it can be DIed but still a very painful mixup, and a punish if they airdodge and land right afterward
I don't know Smash that technacly.
Anyway, thanks for message.

Migetman3214

Smash Rookie
NNID
MegaVulcan3000
3DS FC
3566-2036-2119
Ok then. I'll add you to my friends list and lets smash it out!
Sure thing!

That's a good point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Wario

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4313-0727-2141
Hey Smash Community,

I'm Migetman3214. My Smash 4 user is MegaVulcan3000. I main Pikachu (1) and am currently working on Yoshi (2), Mario (3) and RosaLuma (4).

I'm really interested in getting more into the Smash community and go to tournaments and stuff. I just need a whole lot of practice and some feedback on my play style and tech. So I'm looking for someone to practice with so I can get better (or more emphatically "git gud").

I consider myself better than intermediate but not expert, mainly due to my lack of reading and general tech skill. Like... I research a lot about how to play Pikachu from forums, watching tournaments (mainly Esam and Rideae) and info videos (Jtails, Beefy Smash Dudes, Rush Hour Smash) but I feel like I'm not doing any of it right because my results or play-style only seem to have change for that one day and then revert back (these are known as my "good days").

I want to end these "good days" and just be good.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Migetman3214 (Vulcan)
I'm usually busy doing something, but I would like to help you out when I have the chance. I don't have a wii u, so I use a 3ds. My friend code is over there to the left.

Top Bottom