• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Practice partner experiment

1Twinmuduck

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm Twin, I've been playing smash since its release on N64 and have played/own each game. About 2 years ago I decided to play competitively and I now have the flaming desire to improve in Melee. I have a goal that by next summer I can win a local that happens in a nearby town by next July. So I want a "partner" that will help me train. I don't have access to dolphin, my computer is too slow to use it(I do everything on my phone). So I want somebody who can I help and can help me improve by exchanging feed back, theory's, and advice only using videos made on a YouTube channel. So this won't be a conventional partnership but it that's what makes this fun! I do have a capture card that's pretty good quality. I can understand that this might not be interesting to people and I don't have any distinct qualifications and even if I did I wouldn't even know how to elaborate on them. I'm just looking for somebody who has the same desire that I do and is on about the same skill level. Thanks!

StrykerX

Smash Cadet
This sounds like a really good idea :3 I'm really new to Melee (only got it a few days ago) but I've had a good amount of experience in Sm4sh/Project M so I'm not too terrible... While I don't have a capture card I still can record without it being complete ass quality

If you want to capture videos in good quality and edit them quickly and easily, I recommend a guide I wrote http://smashboards.com/threads/how-...s-in-optimal-quality-60-frames-second.333301/

Having an online partner sounds cool on paper, but I think you can do a lot to improve on your own by just searching and practicing stuff in the lab. You'll need a partner next to you in person to learn how to integrate it into serious games. I've never done anything like this, so I could be wrong

Top Bottom