• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

practical team mates and strategies?

Arikie

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning on going to a doubles tournament this weekend with team attack -ON- <--------
and I wanted to know what characters are good teaming with my kirby. I was thinking of going with Metaknight for obvious reasons but theres probably a better team combination, and I wanted to know what strategies would be good with kirby in doubles.
Also what are some good counter picks / counter pick stages in team games?

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Good team combinations are Snake and Kirby (kirby and Snake can both build damage easily and finish exce;tioanly well also Snake counter MK, DDD and Kirby for the reason that DDD counters a lot of Kirby's bad matchups plus DDD's copy is really good for Kirby. Lucario and Kirby, the most ultimate camping team, Kirby can help Lucario recover when he's to far away and Lucario can build damage really well. Falco and Kirby is another great campy team. SHTL ftw??? lol yeah camp till ur hearts content with this team. This team could possibly counter any team combination with the exception of double MK. The laser spam and good gimping ability of both characters makes them a deadly duo.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
yeah falco and kirby is a great team. but kirby and metaknight also works too. since MK builds a lot of damage and kirby finishes.

for levels if you can counterpick jungle japes that stage is awesome with its high ceiling which is good for kirby and mk.

Arikie

Smash Journeyman
what would be a bad team combination? Or a particularaly bad strategy agaisnt certain teams?

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Kirby and any low, low tier character is probably a bad choice. With Kirby, a bad strategy is just not taking care of Kirby's weakness or utilizing his strength.

Oh, and I agree with Gonzo. Now I can add that to my FAQ (without permission, of course) on teams. Thanks!

ron561

Smash Journeyman
I don't really have any strategies going into doubles using kirby...i just try not to hit my teammate XD

Arikie

Smash Journeyman
I don't really have any strategies going into doubles using kirby...i just try not to hit my teammate XD
thats ground breaking information o_O i lost the last tournement because i accidently hit my partner and stole their lives XD
lol JK

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Kirby is great for finishing opponents in doubles. The slight amount of lag on most of his kill moves is a lot harder to take advantage of in doubles, making kirby a killing machine. Lol today I was playing doubles in smashfest and I averaged about 4-5 kills a match. Ground hammer can be amazing in doubles since there is little warning if your opponent is distracted. Same with stone. Also sometimes your opponents will be knocked off the stage by your partner and you can quickly finish with a bair.

And always try to think of ways to use copy abilities =D though inhale suicides can be amazing in doubles too.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Get your partner to be Pit, absorb him, and shoot arrows right next to him while facing the same direction. His arrows won't hit you because of Kirby's height, and you're both free to spam arrows all day.

WaffleRoll

Smash Rookie
Lol, I can see how that'll get annoying =P Spam is evil!!

I've always partnered kirby with mk; they work well for my taste. But I think I should give some of these other pairs a shot, they sound very effective.

I also am interested to know which chars would be the worst to be paired with kirby.

Top Bottom