• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West PPG's WiiU Custom Moves Hayward Tournament

PPG's WiiU Custom Moves Hayward Tournament
Posted by kafurie1
700 alquire Parkway. Hayward, Ca. 94544
Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 11:00 AM
Until: Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 08:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

kafurie1

Smash Rookie
Hey guys welcome to our 4th Sm4sh tournament
as usual here is the basic info

700 alquire Parkway. Hayward, Ca. 94544
11am on November 21. for all ages

Tournament Rules
- bring your own controller
- 2 man stock
- custom moves allowed
- best of 3 rounds
- Loser of round can change character
-Coin toss for first person to choose stage, loser chooses next stage, but winner can choose to ban a stage as well

5$ entry fee

Prizes
- $$$
- amiibo
- gift card

the neutral stages are:

-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Delano Plaza
-Skyloft
-Lylat cruise
-Castle seige
-Town and City
-Smashville
-Duck Hunt
-Dream Land 64
-Miiverse
-Suzaku Castle
-Anything Omega

Also any stage that is not on this list, but both parties want to fight on is also acceptable, but both parties must accept

we have been uploading most of the games on TV #1 on our youtube channel "PrettyGood Gaming"
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffa0xetiRuhO82CLzShCew
and we also have have the generic twitter and facebook
https://twitter.com/ThoseGoodGamers
https://www.facebook.com/PrettyGoodGaming/

like last time we are still short on Tvs and systems one set for tournament, and one for freeplay, so if anyone could bring a system and a tv we'll give you free entry for you and a friend, we could use minimum of one set, up to two sets.

We hope to see you there.

Last edited:

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
what is good fellow smashers! This will be our fourth monthly tournament, AND THE LAST OF THIS YEAR!!!!

Prizes are : cash generated prize, Mew2 amiibo, game stop gift card.

This time instead of doughnuts, I will get fruit. Any questions?

jay_v33

Smash Rookie
Hey so norcal has a facebook of smash tournaments and smasher. Its all a community. If you want i can advertise this even on there if you want. And i can promise you more then 10 new people are going to go there that day and can probably help with set ups

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Are you implying that we are to bring our own Gamepad..?
No don't worry. The only thing we don't have would be the pro controller. But if thats your thing you'd probably have one...

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Hey so norcal has a facebook of smash tournaments and smasher. Its all a community. If you want i can advertise this even on there if you want. And i can promise you more then 10 new people are going to go there that day and can probably help with set ups

Yeah sure. the more the merrier. We currently have 3 tv and systems ready (2 for tournament, 1 for free play)

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
No don't worry. The only thing we don't have would be the pro controller. But if thats your thing you'd probably have one...

Ah. Are we assuming that more people than just the people who'd reply here on Smashboards would be there? I really need some offline experience and this event is pretty close to my area...

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Ah. Are we assuming that more people than just the people who'd reply here on Smashboards would be there? I really need some offline experience and this event is pretty close to my area...
oh yea more people will come. so far between 25 and 40 have come before. We do this thing monthly (But not in december. Don't feel like competing with holiday season)

ImmortalFox408

Smash Rookie
what is good fellow smashers! This will be our fourth monthly tournament, AND THE LAST OF THIS YEAR!!!!

Prizes are : cash generated prize, Mew2 amiibo, game stop gift card.

This time instead of doughnuts, I will get fruit. Any questions?
I really liked the doughnuts. You guys should just increase the price if money is an issue. You guys had everything for really cheap.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I really liked the doughnuts. You guys should just increase the price if money is an issue. You guys had everything for really cheap.
Lol the doughnuts really didn't sell untill I asked for donations and even still there were more taken than donated. (Plus they cost 91 cents each and I don't think increasing price will help me) As for venue price that may be a consideration, but I really like the 5$ entry fee. It just feels right. If I get the right food and drink with better promotion we'll be fine. It's not like it's too costly to run these. As for promotion, there are a couple of sites I've been referred to that should definately increase the crowd.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
So I was just called today being told that they are not going to be able to allow me to rent the building in november or december. IDK but there may not be any smash attacks for the rest of this year. stay tuned

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
So I was just called today being told that they are not going to be able to allow me to rent the building in november or december. IDK but there may not be any smash attacks for the rest of this year. stay tuned

Do you know if you'll be able to find a new venue in time?

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Do you know if you'll be able to find a new venue in time?
So far it's looking like no. I have called a couple of places, but they require more than a week's notice. Kind of wish that my HOA would have given me more than a week's notice, as I gave them my money at the beginning of the month....

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
So far it's looking like no. I have called a couple of places, but they require more than a week's notice. Kind of wish that my HOA would have given me more than a week's notice, as I gave them my money at the beginning of the month....
So, are you delaying the tournament to find a venue or completely canceling it?

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
Alright, let me grab my Darth Vader mask....

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!11!1wun!

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I just want to make sure everyone knows,
THE EVENT IS CANCELLED!!!!!! TO RETURN IN JANUARY!!!!!
We tried to put the info in the title, but it won't seem to show.......
THE EVENT IS CANCELLED!!!!!! TO RETURN IN JANUARY!!!!!

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
That's unfortunate, but oh well. See you next year.
thanks, I do hope to see you next year as we will have better equipment, and better advertising ( More people!)

Top Bottom