• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potentially using ZSS as secondary and need help

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
I might start using ZSS in Project M. Any beginner tips? What moves should I overuse or which should I underuse? Any advice is greatly appreciated. All I have picked up so far is that her Dair easily follows into any other aerial attack.

Last edited:

Foo

Smash Lord
I like her grab. I think she's solid in this version. Am I the only one who thinks so?
How many times do I have to shout to the heavens that I think ZSS pretty good to the heavens? That's the general consensus of the zss boards too.

ZSS players were just upset that her playstyle was changed so dramatically when she wasn't even a problem in 3.5. I mean, obviously she would need nerfs from 3.02 (including nerfs to blaster), but outright removal of some of her coolest stuff is mean. Also, we are mad about her throws because they don't work. Upthrows lag is so bad that heavies at low % can DI in and hit you before your animation ends and dthrow isn't even a functioning tech chase throw like it was intended. All of her throws are basically "throw them slightly this way. Not close enough to do anything, but not far enough for it to matter much." It's just kinda lame and boring, especially since they made her new playstyle so DD heavy.

Basically, imagine if they removed JC on quickdraw and then gave him some other grounded stuff to compensate like a better downsmash and dash speed and etc. Even if it was a really good character, all the ike players would lose their minds.

Anyway, OP, this post is almost certainly going to get moved to the zss boards in a bit and I'll be happy to explain things to you there. ZSS has tons of interesting character specific things and techs that you need to know to play her. Once it's in ZSS forums, I'll show you the world

Last edited:

Foo

Smash Lord
None? Since I agreed with you?
I have seen like a thousand people say things like and the implication is always that all (or most) zss players are whining about how she sucks. I have said that I am most of the zss boards thinks she's average at worst like a thousand times. Looking back at your post may not have been implying that, but that's what I always assume because that's almost always what it is lol.

So, basically, no, you are far from the only person to think that.

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
I have seen like a thousand people say things like and the implication is always that all (or most) zss players are whining about how she sucks. I have said that I am most of the zss boards thinks she's average at worst like a thousand times. Looking back at your post may not have been implying that, but that's what I always assume because that's almost always what it is lol.

So, basically, no, you are far from the only person to think that.
Is ZSS bad or limited? I hope not all ZSS players are like that lol. We only need one Hax.

Fortress

Smash Master
No, Zero Suit's pretty intuitive and easy to handle. Not on a Marth or Sheik level of accessibility, and she's got some deep tricks, but she's fairly straightforward as far as that type of character goes.

Top Bottom