• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Moves! What did Sakurai DO!?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Toon Link could ahve been a very unique and cool Zelda character...instead, he turned out to be a Link clone. This is by far not very impressive. However, I think the very basis of his inclusion was a rushed addition because he has 0 involvement in the SSE.

Okay, let's review some moves they could have given him:

Deku Leaf- Recovery that lifts him upwards

Wind Waker- Blows wind at foe (turned out to be a taunt...)

Fire Sword Beam- Sweeps sword and fire beam is launched

Skull Hammer- Link slams the hammer on the ground which sends out shockwaves

Bombchu- Controllable bomb

Grapple Hook- Grapples foe

Tingle Tuner- Icon that you control and drop bomb at

Jump Attack- Recovery that has Link jump up and fall down.

Phantom Hourglass- Creates safety zone where Link is untouchable by projectiles

There are more possibilities, but let's hope for now that his Final Smash is different.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Side B - Skull Hammer, acts like DK's Headbutt
Up B - Deku Leaf, acts like Snake's Cypher recovery
Down B - Parry, acts like Metaknight's Dimensional Cape, except more a roll than a teleport.
Neutral B - Bow and Arrow/Iron Boots, can switch them on and off, heavily reduce launch amount but reduce speed (Imagine an impromptu Metal Box, but T.Link is slow).

Wind Waker Link had the potential to be someone completely different. I could understand Falco being a clone of Fox, you don't have too much to work from when developing Falco's moveset. But Wind Waker Link could have been a COMPLETELY unique fighter for the roster. Instead we got this. Although I do like his animations, the way his moves work, I really think Sakurai dropped the ball on this one.

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI!!!!!!

You have made quite possibly the most content-stuffed game of all time, and yet you paid the least amount of attention to the most important part of a fighting game: the roster. :ohwell:

Eagle

Smash Lord
It would be awesome if he could do the Hurricane Spin in Phantom Hourglass. Basically, a spin attack that can move. I would forgive Sakurai for not giving him his Deku Leaf if it turned out to be that.

coldkilla30

Smash Cadet
Well i'm happy with the fact that Toon Link is in the game!
I mean you can't help but love the little guy lol

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only guy that thought he should have the cannon as one of his moves? It makes little sense, but it would be **** cool. Rapid-Fire explosives! Might have been a tad clone-esque, but I think it could have made a cool move...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
B - Bow
B^ - Spin Attack
B> - Boomerang
BV - Bomb

Top Bottom