• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential low % combos

Chaos0205

Smash Cadet
So I tested some strings with WFT. I posted the results on twitter (no video unfortunately) so I'm just gonna copy/paste the tweets. Sorry if it seems a bit disjointed as a result. Strings were tested with staling enabled on various weights, most nair starts need to be with both hits. I tested the strings on Mario, Jiggs, Bowser, Samus, Peach, Fox, Pichu.

Seems like with Wii Fit at 0% you can connect a falling nair into 2 utilts, into s-hop nair on lights and middle weights (inconsistent on heavys). Around 30% you can get falling nair to utilt to s-hop nair, to jump uair on all. Tested on Jiggs Mario and Bowser.

On 0% Fox, WFT can get falling nair, 2 utilts, to rising nair to uair. At 30% falling nair won't connect to utilt. You need to go falling nair, to nair, to uair. Timings a bit tight but its gets Fox to 70

Peach 0% WFT can get falling nair-utilt-utilt-short hop nair, then you have mutlichoice. After s-nair nair you can: 1) uair [64%] 2) fade back with nair then fair [66%] 3) fade forward then bair [slightly harder and only 59%]
So at 30% on Peach, WFT can get sometimes connect falling nair to utilt. Super inconsistent tho. She can get nair to nair to uair. She can also get nair to slight fade back nair to fair.

On Samus at 0 WFT can get fall nair, double utilt into uair. At 30 all WFT can get is falling nair, utilt into uair.

On Pichu it was a bit hard to get both hits of falling nair, but you can connect it to utilt, utilt, sh-nair, to uair. Single hit nair can, sometimes, lead to ftilt to nair.

Chaos0205

Smash Cadet
Final note, this was obviously done with cpus in training mode with no DI. It's possible DI completely screws these strings but they did seem fairly consistent across all the characters I tested. I welcome any further testing and corrections.

Last edited:

jonnobigz

Smash Apprentice
Final note, this was obviously done with cpus in training mode with no DI. It's possible DI completely screws these strings but they did seem fairly consistent across all the characters I tested. I welcome any further testing and corrections.
I've been experimenting with some combos with her. I really haven't liked utilt because it feels not as reliable as doing other aerials, and fails to DI very quickly.

I posted some possibly unknown stuff in the video thread (I uploaded a WFT trick guide yesterday) and in general, falling Nair is great but I try to break combos after 2-3 hits because her hitboxes are so wonky.

At low % and if there is no platform, falling Nair to instant Header will do ~45%

At low % and if there is a platform, falling Nair to USmash will do ~30%

At mid %, Uair after Nair if you want a safe confirm.

At mid %, Fair Spike after Nair if you want to try to follow up a missed tech bounce.

At high % just Uair

Mark The Page

Smash Apprentice
Despite the removal of lag for her down throw, I'm still not seeing ANY use for it. Against Mario at 60%, I can just barely connect run -> full jump -> u-air. The good ol' up throw gets that stuff and more guaranteed in any situation, and it deals more damage.

So that leaves the up throw as the only one with combos--but that said, we are lucky to have any at all in Ultimate. Has anyone found good 0% throw combos? I just see down throw -> one up tilt. And even that hasn't always worked for me.

Last edited:

Mark The Page

Smash Apprentice
I need to amend what I said before about the down throw--I just hadn't been testing it under the right conditions!

Against Mario, Wii Fit Trainer's down throw combos immediately into her b-air sweetspot until it starts to fall apart around 50%. This deals 24.6 damage (29.8 after Deep Breathing), which is also a few points better than the typical up-throw -> up-air combo.

So at those low percents, when you can't reliably or safely combo with an up-throw (whether through a tilt or aerial), ALWAYS go for the down-throw!

The down-throw will still connect at lower-mid percents and will probably deal slightly more damage than your up-throw combos (into u-air or f-air). However, the up-throw combos will keep your opponent above you, which is a much better position.

Conclusion: When the opponent is below 30%, your ideal throw combo is down -> b-air.

Untouch

Smash Master
I noticed that around 40%, you could nair to grab but I don't know if it is possible to DI away from it, you may be able to get a grab into a bair off that grab.

Mark The Page

Smash Apprentice
I noticed that around 40%, you could nair to grab but I don't know if it is possible to DI away from it, you may be able to get a grab into a bair off that grab.
Do you mean after landing the first hit of the n-air, like the classic smash attack combo but instead you grabbed? I just tried it, and it seems like that would only be possible if the opponent doesn't input anything, and just lets their character get gracefully tossed behind you. It's not a quick launch, either. You would have to wait for them to go up, and then down again.

Untouch

Smash Master
Do you mean after landing the first hit of the n-air, like the classic smash attack combo but instead you grabbed? I just tried it, and it seems like that would only be possible if the opponent doesn't input anything, and just lets their character get gracefully tossed behind you. It's not a quick launch, either. You would have to wait for them to go up, and then down again.
I was trying it again and I could only get it like that.
I think it was a true combo, but I tested it in training which doesn't handle grabs very well.

Mark The Page

Smash Apprentice
I was trying it again and I could only get it like that.
I think it was a true combo, but I tested it in training which doesn't handle grabs very well.
Okay, I did more testing! [N-air -> grab -> down-throw -> b-air] is a 40-damage combo. But it's very difficult to perform.

A full jackknife will only confirm into a grab if you do not have DB active and the opponent has not taken damage. Mario breaks out by 10%, Bowser by 15%. Pichu cannot be grabbed.

Connecting just the first hit of jackknife will only confirm into a grab if the opponent is not launched over you. This is only possible against large characters like Bowser, while under 20-25%, or up to around 40% if you connect with the farthest point of jackknife's hitbox.

And either way, at the percents where you could go [n-air -> grab], you could alternatively be going for two up-tilts, which is much more reliable and more damaging.

tl;dr You can indeed grab off a n-air against a fresh stock, but up-tilts are still the better option.

Untouch

Smash Master
First hit of nair has very little knockback growth so it can be used to kill confirm at high percentages.
At 120% (on Marth) it seems to true combo into bair and kill from the center of Smashville.
Seems to work from 70% (won't kill then) to about 130%. You can hit both hits of nair to bair before that.

lol not really a low% combo but whatever

Last edited:
Top Bottom