• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential for Melee HD to be released on the Nintendo E-Shop?

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
I mean, it will most likely happen regardless, but to speed up the process, the Melee community should probably try to get in touch with Nintendo in some way, shape or form.

Imagine playing Melee tournaments on HDTVs on Wii U consoles!?

That would be amazing. The only thing that could possibly be more amazing is if they made it a dedicated game with online play and maybe some small revamps. It would be similar to how Capcom released Super Turbo HD Remix on 360/PS3. Please Nintendo, follow in their footsteps, acknowledge your competitive community.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This seems like a completely baseless claim.
Eh not really, Nintendo has already expressed their opinion on competitive Melee. They don't want very much to do with it.

PK Illuminati

Banned via Warnings
I mean, it will most likely happen regardless, but to speed up the process, the Melee community should probably try to get in touch with Nintendo in some way, shape or form.

That would be amazing. The only thing that could possibly be more amazing is if they made it a dedicated game with online play and maybe some small revamps. It would be similar to how Capcom released Super Turbo HD Remix on 360/PS3. Please Nintendo, follow in their footsteps, acknowledge your competitive community.
lol@frame delay

Anyways they are never going to release a Melee HD. Its honestly a dumb idea in the first place (bias doe). They would try to take things out like L canceling, stuff like that.

If you want a Melee HD, get a good computer, set your dolphin settings to the best settings possible, and you'll have Melee HD.

D

Deleted member

lol@frame delay

Anyways they are never going to release a Melee HD. Its honestly a dumb idea in the first place (bias doe). They would try to take things out like L canceling, stuff like that.

If you want a Melee HD, get a good computer, set your dolphin settings to the best settings possible, and you'll have Melee HD.
Don't forget the netplay!

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
i honestly don't see why they wouldn't do it, aside from them not liking competitive melee. it kinda has the words "smash bros" on the cover which means $$$ already, which nintendo should like. it would probably instantly become one of the highest sellers on the eshop lol.

unfortunately, nintendo is and always has been erratic, to say the least. i guess ninty doesn't want easy $$$...

Zale

Lover of Kittenz and Mittenz
Nintendo doing something the Melee and PM communities want?

I . . . Don't think so

Cool

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo doing something the Melee and PM communities want?

I . . . Don't think so
My Neighbor Totoro knows whats up

I do agree that Melee HD with reliable online and the EXACT same gameplay as Melee would be awesome, but whatever I guess we've got Netplay.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
i honestly don't see why they wouldn't do it, aside from them not liking competitive melee. it kinda has the words "smash bros" on the cover which means $$$ already, which nintendo should like. it would probably instantly become one of the highest sellers on the eshop lol.

unfortunately, nintendo is and always has been erratic, to say the least. i guess ninty doesn't want easy $$$...
The problem is that Nintendo can make easy money by putting the Gamecube version up on the eshop with no real changes and rake in money without having to lift a finger redoing Melee with HD assets.

A Virtual Console version would put the game back out there to people to buy new copies, and Nintendo benefits from fans who want to play Melee on modern hardware.

To be honest, I don't get why Nintendo has not tried a Virtual Console release with Gamecube Adaptor support on the Wii U.

Of course, you are right. Nintendo makes some odd decisions at times. Namely, why it took so long for the Wii U to get N64 games and why the DS and GBA are on the Wii U instead of the 3DS.

Nintendo could put Melee and other Gamecube games up on the eshop for 15 or even 20 bucks and they would rake in the cash.

Cool

Smash Journeyman
The problem is that Nintendo can make easy money by putting the Gamecube version up on the eshop with no real changes and rake in money without having to lift a finger redoing Melee with HD assets.

A Virtual Console version would put the game back out there to people to buy new copies, and Nintendo benefits from fans who want to play Melee on modern hardware.

To be honest, I don't get why Nintendo has not tried a Virtual Console release with Gamecube Adaptor support on the Wii U.

Of course, you are right. Nintendo makes some odd decisions at times. Namely, why it took so long for the Wii U to get N64 games and why the DS and GBA are on the Wii U instead of the 3DS.

Nintendo could put Melee and other Gamecube games up on the eshop for 15 or even 20 bucks and they would rake in the cash.
Is that what we want though?

PK Illuminati

Banned via Warnings

The ****? VC? The FRAME delay virtual consoles have? Thats honestly a dumb idea. VC has huge frame delay.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Go read one of the other 100 threads about Melee HD and you'll see why it'll likely never happen.

Zale

Lover of Kittenz and Mittenz
How about re-releasing the game on VC instead of making an HD edition of it? The game's fine as it is, so a VC release seems better in the long run.
Sadly, it would actually be of lesser quality if it's anything like the N64 VC. The Smash64 has horrible input lag, and tons of other serious issues.

VC is a horrible idea for Melee, really hope they don't do that. Although a Melee HD is probably never going to happen either. : \

Pepperoni

Smash Rookie
The casual market is gonna look at the game, see less items and characters, and will ignore the ****. I don't think Nintendo is gonna make a Smash game for the "maniac" fanbase.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
How about re-releasing the game on VC instead of making an HD edition of it? The game's fine as it is, so a VC release seems better in the long run.
I have no idea why melee hasn''t been on VC for years now. Nintendo HATES competitive melee for whatever reason, it's like they want us to run out of melee discs or something.

Pricks. They're making great money off smash 4, why do they still have to make being a melee player so hard? I want to buy a copy since I lost my old one, but I don't have $150.00 ****ing dollars for a video game.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I have no idea why melee hasn''t been on VC for years now. Nintendo HATES competitive melee for whatever reason, it's like they want us to run out of melee discs or something.

Pricks. They're making great money off smash 4, why do they still have to make being a melee player so hard? I want to buy a copy since I lost my old one, but I don't have $150.00 ****ing dollars for a video game.
It's because they have no sense in logic anymore.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
It's because they have no sense in logic anymore.
Seriously. Melee and PM created this community, and then Nintendo just waltzes into our competitive scene with quite possibly the worst smash brothers game that will ever be made (I have hope for smash 5 lol) and FORCES IT DOWN OUR THROATS.

Not only that, they bribed Gimr to take down all his PM content, and stream smash 4 instead, wtf is that?

I used to love VGBC... now I've unsubscribed. Because of Nintendo. (Still have love for Gimr though, he deserves to make some cash off his hard work, and plenty of people want to see smash 4 streams)

I'm not buying nintendo products anymore, I'm not going to support an evil company that doesn't give a **** about it's hardcore players. I'll stick to melee and speed running link to the past, thanks.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Don't forget the new 3ds. They can handle Gamecube games too. (if wondering, gamecube games are 1.8gb. and Smash 3ds Is 2.5gb I have no Idea on the FPS, but still...) But either way on 3ds and wii U, it is possible to do it now with the help of R4 (new 3ds), and homebrew (for Wii U).
Seriously. Melee and PM created this community, and then Nintendo just waltzes into our competitive scene with quite possibly the worst smash brothers game that will ever be made (I have hope for smash 5 lol) and FORCES IT DOWN OUR THROATS.

Not only that, they bribed Gimr to take down all his PM content, and stream smash 4 instead, wtf is that?

I used to love VGBC... now I've unsubscribed. Because of Nintendo. (Still have love for Gimr though, he deserves to make some cash off his hard work, and plenty of people want to see smash 4 streams)

I'm not buying nintendo products anymore, I'm not going to support an evil company that doesn't give a **** about it's hardcore players. I'll stick to melee and speed running link to the past, thanks.
for melee competitive... Nintendo did not want people to battle it out with different tricks and seeing who is the best player. Melee was never INTENDED to be like that. that's why Nintendo does not like competitive play (well my reason of course) but still, The game was intended to be a fun party game (like smash 64)

Last edited:

PK Illuminati

Banned via Warnings

also VC sucks, there is frame delay
they dont hate it, they just dont like it very much, also people could use EMU's lol
its not illegal to pirate games that arent manufactured anymore (correct me if im wrong)

Don't forget the new 3ds. They can handle Gamecube games too. (if wondering, gamecube games are 1.8gb. and Smash 3ds Is 2.5gb I have no Idea on the FPS, but still...) But either way on 3ds and wii U, it is possible to do it now with the help of R4 (new 3ds), and homebrew (for Wii U).

for melee competitive... Nintendo did not want people to battle it out with different tricks and seeing who is the best player. Melee was never INTENDED to be like that. that's why Nintendo does not like competitive play (well my reason of course) but still, The game was intended to be a fun party game (like smash 64)
no, lol RAM isn't the only thing needed
you need to look at each and every specs and see if they meet the qualifications like the cpu etc.
gamecube games on 3DS are definitely not possible
if they are it'd be like 4 FPS

thats pretty stupid to not buy products from nintendo because they wont make a stupid VC melee which will be unviable competitively because of frame delay and stupid ****
like i said earlier, you want melee hd? go on dolphin max specs.

btw I also speedrun ALTTP, but glitches Any%, you got a skype breh?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
thats pretty stupid to not buy products from nintendo because they wont make a stupid VC melee which will be unviable competitively because of frame delay and stupid ****
like i said earlier, you want melee hd? go on dolphin max specs.
btw I also speedrun ALTTP, but glitches Any%, you got a skype breh?
No skype, I mostly use facebook to keep in touch with ppl online, I'll pm you my facebook name :)

You didn't read my post well enough! I'm not mad over the no VC melee. I'm mad that they bribed GimR from VIDEO GAME BOOT CAMP (VGBC) to take all the PM videos down, and to stream smash 4 and have his commentators plug the new smash game and... I dunno.

After years of hating our community and trying to shut down melee at EVO, they turn around and pretend they're interested in it, just to shamelessly promote smash 4.

Not only that, they went far enough to say "Hey Gimr, we won't give you any more nintendo coins if you keep streaming / hosting PM videos. Take that **** down"

And Gimr still has not moved the vids elsewhere..... its total corporate bs. Smash is a grassroots community, we play for love of the game, we don't care about all this ****, most of us anyway.

PK Illuminati

Banned via Warnings
No skype, I mostly use facebook to keep in touch with ppl online, I'll pm you my facebook name :)

You didn't read my post well enough! I'm not mad over the no VC melee. I'm mad that they bribed GimR from VIDEO GAME BOOT CAMP (VGBC) to take all the PM videos down, and to stream smash 4 and have his commentators plug the new smash game and... I dunno.

After years of hating our community and trying to shut down melee at EVO, they turn around and pretend they're interested in it, just to shamelessly promote smash 4.

Not only that, they went far enough to say "Hey Gimr, we won't give you any more nintendo coins if you keep streaming / hosting PM videos. Take that **** down"

And Gimr still has not moved the vids elsewhere..... its total corporate bs. Smash is a grassroots community, we play for love of the game, we don't care about all this ****, most of us anyway.
yeah it is pretty toxic that they shun melee and boost smash 4 and pretend to care about melee

Cool

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah Nintendo is "reaching out" to the competitive community :troll:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Oh yeah Nintendo is "reaching out" to the competitive community :troll:
Well, D1 took a shot back at them for all of us at Apex. (I actually watched the smash 4 top 8.... huge mistake, I'll never get that time back)

D1(during apex commentating) said:
Everyone go out and buy a copy of Smash 4 so you can learn to down throw up air with Diddy
lmao, when he was specifically told to plug a product, he did so with sarcasm. That's why I love D1.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Unless someone has proof for the intentions of Nintendo this is pretty much baseless guessing.

Why haven't they rerelease it? Idk. Would be nice if they fixed the VC Issues first.

Last edited:

Cool

Smash Journeyman
Well, D1 took a shot back at them for all of us at Apex. (I actually watched the smash 4 top 8.... huge mistake, I'll never get that time back)

lmao, when he was specifically told to plug a product, he did so with sarcasm. That's why I love D1.
Dat passive aggression

D1's awesome. People have been complaining about his commentary but it's honestly probably because he commentates at like every tournament.

Top Bottom