• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Character Remakes In Upcoming Titles?

Reaperfan

Smash Apprentice
Just a random thought I had, likely fueled by the fact it's almost 3am as of the time of writing this post, but it's just a simple little thing that happened in this game that I feel could mean a lot for the potential future of Smash.

Bowser.

He may as well have been a newcomer. Completely changing his movement style and A attacks with only his specials staying the same. I don't know any old Bowser mains personally, but I can imagine some of them weren't happy with this significant shift in playstyle and moveset.

So my thought was, what are the odds of this happening to other characters down the road? We have precedent now that character remakes can happen in Smash, but what are the odds of it happening again, and to which characters? If it does happen, what could they potentially become afterwards?

Personally I'm hoping for a revival of the scrapped "Diddy and Dixie" duo they had planned back in Brawl. Would make for a cool combination of Ice Climbers and Zelda/Shiek-style dual moveset characters. They could also do the same thing with a "Sonic and Tails" duo, but I feel that's less likely due to them being third party and all.

(I realize this isn't specifically Smash 4 related, so if this isn't the best place for this please move it to the appropriate location. For now I'm going with a combination of "I'm still pretty new here" and the aforementioned "3am posting" as excuses though :tired:)

Top Bottom