• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential 4th Unlock for Sonic??

RickettsZ22

Smash Cadet
i really want to know if this will work, cause its going to be so tedious to keep playing classic. As much fun as the SSE is going to be, I want sonic now not in 8-12 hours, and 300 brawls, get f******* real who wants to do that. Please anyone with any confirmation would br greatly appriciated

Suna

Smash Journeyman
i really want to know if this will work, cause its going to be so tedious to keep playing classic. As much fun as the SSE is going to be, I want sonic now not in 8-12 hours, and 300 brawls, get f******* real who wants to do that. Please anyone with any confirmation would br greatly appriciated
did u read the thread? It has been confirmed...

J18

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys here it is i DOnt have th actull # of steps BUT i do have this

I unlocked sonic as the 1st character

Me and a friend got on Fox's and ran on FD back an forth for 12 min (Constant running, no jumping, no fighting.)

After the 12 min we jumped off FD to our death. endof the match Sonic attack us.

So with 2 ppl its about 10-15 min of running:cool:
With 1 its like 30 min of that sheeeeeit:crazy:

Take your pick, all i know is i gots me, my sonic on the 10th lol:demon:
psh i'm doing 4 controllers running back and forth for 5-7.5 minutes.
thanks for the info though

Titanium Sonic

Smash Rookie
Perhaps maybe Lightning+Bunny Hood on the widest custom stage possible would work best. Sonic would probably get unlocked within a minute if that was done...

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps maybe Lightning+Bunny Hood on the widest custom stage possible would work best. Sonic would probably get unlocked within a minute if that was done...
If each step counts as one foot, then this would be ideal. I will try to unlock him this way, but I won't have the game till everyone else does, so I don't know if that will help.

I would like to know if the running has to be done with one character, or if multiple characters running at the same time would make it go faster. Can someone try this alternate method and see if it works?

whoracLe

Smash Cadet
ive been running back and forth for many games and no sonic yet.. but i did get a tails trophy?

and yeah im doing it on Shadow moses island with fast brawl mode and bunny hood with 2 foxes.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I unlocked him BEFORE Falco. I've also been playing all 4v4 matches with all human players. So it definitely has something to do with combined efforts of just... playing.

CAHP19

Smash Rookie
it seems to only work in a normal brawl, as opposed to the special brawl were you can simply increase you speed

tral

Smash Cadet
I ran 4 human Foxes across Final Destination for 6 5-minute time matches and didn't unlock him. I had to wait until I beat SSE.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
SSE takes way too long and its boring. I unlocked Sonic this morning while running back and forth on the 1st default custom stage with Falcon and Charizard. Whoever discovered this technique is indeed a genius

Kandy

Smash Rookie
SSE takes way too long and its boring. I unlocked Sonic this morning while running back and forth on the 1st default custom stage with Falcon and Charizard. Whoever discovered this technique is indeed a genius
Dont try to unlock him using the SSE way. It took me 5 hours of straight playing to get to the last stage, and the last stage itself took me 3 hours. Trust me, its not worth it.

J18

Smash Journeyman
holy **** i just spent literally 30 minutes with 2 human foxes running on final destination, and nothing except a tails trophy after the first 10 minute match. this had better work cuz i'm gonna continue tomorrow

J18

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys here it is i DOnt have th actull # of steps BUT i do have this

I unlocked sonic as the 1st character

Me and a friend got on Fox's and ran on FD back an forth for 12 min (Constant running, no jumping, no fighting.)

After the 12 min we jumped off FD to our death. endof the match Sonic attack us.

So with 2 ppl its about 10-15 min of running:cool:
With 1 its like 30 min of that sheeeeeit:crazy:

Take your pick, all i know is i gots me, my sonic on the 10th lol:demon:
are you sure it wasn't anything else? cuz i just ran 30 minutes with 2 foxes on FD and nothing except a tails trophy.

Kandy

Smash Rookie
are you sure it wasn't anything else? cuz i just ran 30 minutes with 2 foxes on FD and nothing except a tails trophy.
Maybe you need to run that certain distance-Assuming about 10000ft, within a certain time?
Like between 5-7pm or something? im guessing its 10000 steps though

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
can i ask, how many people that have been doing this did a 10:00 timed match and just ran. in the sonic games you died after 10:00, so you might need to do a >10:00 match to unlock him.

my friend also unlocked him early, but i wasn't their at the time, however i know it wasn't the same time as the tails trophy, as i was their when we unlocked that (and i can't remember if it was before or after, sorry)

J18

Smash Journeyman
ok seriously, we need some ****ing REAL confirmation from someone who's done it, cuz i've been running for near 40 **** minutes and i'm sick of it.

Ichida

Smash Ace
30,000 ft, according to an Unlocking Everything Guide. No wonder I unlocked him earlier than Lucario. XD

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I fought Sonic pretty randomly after playing a few VS matches. Before Falco, Jigglypuff, Toon Link, Lucario, R.O.B. Ganondorf. I was really wondering how that happened.

I wish Sakurai would put the method on the Dojo already. :laugh:

jess8919

Smash Rookie
This happened to us last night. We've only played Vs stock matches so far together, and randomly Sonic came up. The character we unlocked before Sonic was Luigi, and we have yet to play 50 matches for Falco.

SonicSSJX the Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
I did this the first day I got this last Sunday, and I ran for more than 2 hours straight and no Sonic. And I ran probably like 500,000 ft. But I unlocked Sonic through Classic Mode. But this whole thing was just a waste.

Top Bottom