• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post your Trailer Transcripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What better way to pass time than to mix creativity and speculation?

I'll go first

Smash 64 Kirby walks on screen when he's attacked by Melee Pikachu. Two duke it out before Brawl Link comes in and joins the fight. Then all 3 stop as Mario, in his new Smash 4 model comes in. All 3 transform into their Smash 4 models, cue the title. New Stages get shown off, More veterans confirmed, a new game mechanic gets shown.

Cut to, say, Yoshi and Donkey Kong fighting then two 3DSes fall from the sky and from them two other characters emerge (let's say Samus and Fox) which transitions into actual gameplay display of 3DS/WiiU crossplay.

The trailer appears to end but then we see Mario fighting Snake and Sonic but then, cue the music, Mega/Pac Man has joined the fight!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I expect to see more veterans being confirmed. More than likely we'll see Mario, Link, Kirby and Pikachu. However, I also feel we're gonna see more, like Donkey Kong, Wario, Pit, Samus and Marth. I definitely feel safe saying I expect Marth to appear, also Donkey Kong. Perhaps to hype up newcomers for these two franchises ; DKC and Fire Emblem. Mr.Game & Watch, Pokémon Trainer, Diddy Kong, MetaKnight, Zelda and Peach or Bowser could also easily appear alongside the older veterans.

Also: Luigi. :luigimelee:

As for newcomers, I expect to see some retro characters, much like how Melee revealed Ice Climbers right ahead in the trailer. Obvious choice could be Takamaru, but Little Mac or an actual suprise retro would also work. Perhaps Mach Rider?

If Chrom makes it in, I'd expect him to be revealed now as well seeing as Fire Emblem Awakening is still so fresh on people's minds.
Palutena or even Dark Pit samewise with Kid Icarus Uprising. Mewtwo is also a strong possibility, and while they're at it perhaps even King K.Rool and Ridley could be shown.

Seeing as Melee and Brawl both also showed very popular characters as Bowser, Peach, Meta Knight and Wario before. It's very likely SOME villain will be featured.

Also, a surprise addition, a character nobody really saw coming but will be greatly received (think: Sheik and Zero Suit Samus). For this one I'd like to place two favorites of mine: Impa and Anthony Higgs. Surprise additions for Zelda and Metroid respectively. Anthony is much less likely if they're gonna introduce Ridley however.

And of coarse a third party character. But seeing as SEGA is getting so close with Nintendo regarding Sonic, it's a good chance they'll just show Sonic as well.

slambros

Smash Ace
5 newcomers will be shown.
Villain: King K. Rool
Female: either Krystal or Palutena
Retro: either Little Mac or Takamaru
Otherwise Popular: Shulk
3rd Party: Mega Man

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So Pit is a retro character?

Better rethink that statement.
When he was put in Brawl, yes. Like I said, grey area. In the last generation Nintendo revived a lot of it's old IPs to, ironically, try something new. For the sake of clarity let's just say if a game had a huge gap between it's initial release and the next, it's retro. Now less nitpicking, more scripting.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I'd say if a character has appeared with the leading role, then they have been properly revived.
So a character like Takamaru, While appearing in Nintendo Land, and Samurai Warriors, he is not the lead of either, so he'd still be retro. Same goes for the likes of Mach Rider in my opinion.
Little mac is just a Nintendo character at this point.

Anyways, I feel like we will get a few characters in the trailer, Ridley, Takamaru, Palutena, and possibly Bowser jr, ending the video with some 3rd party like Megaman, or a Namco character appearing.

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
Stop the friggin' flame wars!

So, Mario, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi (Using their models from Brawl) are skipping along on Brawl Battlefield, when Mario kicks Pikachu (Homage to N64 ad), they begin fighting. A mushroom falls from the sky and Pikachu goes for it but misses: The stage itself gets the mushroom. It grows wider and all the players are shocked. During their shock, Solid Snake grabs and throws Mario. Snake then gets punched by Sonic who falls from the sky. Mega Man and (any character from Tekken) follow and there's a white flash. The improved graphics are here! The rest of the trailer showcases the 8 player features and larger stages.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll repost what I put in the Luigi thread a while ago.

You know what they should do for a Smash 4 trailer? At the end they should show Luigi come in, he stumbles on a pebble, but rights himself before he can fall. He cheers and the caption says "NO MORE TRIPPING!"

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
*N64 Mario runs across a black background until he jumps*
^Camera faces Mario at close up and circles upward around Mario as he slowly forms into different versions of himself (N64, Melee, to Brawl version)^
^Camera then zooms out to show the Smash 4 Version of him^
*Mario poses with his victory pose (specifically the one where he creates small explosions with his hand) as the black background turns into a new Battlefield*
^Camera zooms to Mario’s POV^
*Link is seen in the sky using D-air in his N64 form to his Smash 4 Version when he lands*
*Mario dodge rolls the attack*
^Camera zooms to Link’s POV^
*Pikachu is seen jumping from the sky to use F-Air on Link in his N64 form to his Smash 4 form*
^Camera zooms out and focuses on Pikachu and Link^
*Link dodges the attack*
^Camera zooms to Pikachu’s POV^
*Pikachu turns around to see Kirby using Final Cutter at him as Kirby turns into his N64 form to his Smash 4 form*
^Camera focuses on Kirby close-up^

^Camera zooms out focuses on the whole Battlefield^
*The Battlefield seems to shake rapidly and more rapidly as the seconds go*
*Everyone falls out of a 3DS Screen, where they are on a Nintendo 3DS stage, fighting*
^Camera focuses to the sky, where Ridley comes rushing nearly towards the 4th wall^
*Newcomer Ridley appears on the screen*
@Quick Gameplay of Ridley fighting Mario@
^Camera focuses on the whole 3DS stage^
* The 3DS begins to fall down to a side-scrolling stage (Balloon Trip stage)*
^Camera focuses on the Balloon fighter stage circling around the stage as it is scrolling^
^Camera focuses on the sky^
*Balloon Fighter’s legs can be seen, with him floating*
^Camera focuses on Ridley^
*Ridley looks at Balloon Fighter as he rushes towards him*
*Ridley dodges it*
^Camera focuses on Balloon Fighter^
*Newcomer Balloon Fighter appears on the screen*
@Quick Gameplay of Ridley fighting Balloon Fighter@
^Camera focuses on Palutena^

*Newcomer Palutena appears on the screen*
*Palutena uses the Miracle of Light to change the Balloon Fighter stage into the dome where you fought Twinbellows (KI:U)*
^Camera faces towards the sky^

*A human sized assist trophy falls from the sky, landing in the middle of the dome*

^Camera focuses on Assist Trophy^
*Cracks come up on the glass of AT, until it breaks, showing Little Mac inside it using Star Punch*
*Newcomer Little Mac appears on the screen*
@Quick Gameplay of Little Mac fighting Palutena@
*Background changes into the Space Pirate Ship (KI:U) *
^Camera focuses on Little Mac’s upper body^
*A Monado slashes towards Little Mac as he dodges it, in slowmotion*
^The camera focuses on Shulk^
*Newcomer Shulk appears on the screen*
*A noise of a certain mega-buster can be heard charging*
^Camera focuses on Megaman^
*Newcomer Megaman appears on the screen*
^Camera focuses on Shulk and Little Mac^
*Shulk and Little Mac dodges it*
^The camera focuses in the middle of the ship, circling around all the fighters shown gathered in a circle^
*Everyone begins to jump and attack*
*The Smash 4 title appears on the screen and fades after a few seconds*
*Background turns into the inside of Goku’s house*
^Camera focuses on a door from the inside^
*Krillin crashes through the door and runs to Goku, who is sitting drinking coffee*
^Camera focuses on Goku and Krillin^
Krillin: GOKU! GOKU! GOKU!
Goku: What is the rush Krillin? Something happened?
Krillin: LOOK AT THIS LETTER! IT’S REALLY BIG NEWS, YOU HAVE TO READ IT!
Goku: Whenever you scream, it must mean something. Sure I’ll read it.
^Camera focuses on Goku and the letter shown^
*Goku begins to read the letter*
Goku: “You have been invited to show your skills in the Smash Bros. tournament, we have chosen you to fight great Nintendo legends such as Mario and Link. Do you have the guts to fight these guys? I’ll be waiting to see you!
- from Nintendo President Saturo Iwata
^Camera focuses on Goku^
*Goku screams and jumps excitement*
Goku: YEAH! FINALLY A NEW CHALLENGE! I’LL BE THERE RIGHT NOW!
* Goku teleports to the Battlefield where Link and Mario are fighting*
^Camera focuses on Mario from a distance^
*Mario bumps into Goku and trips*
^Camera focuses on Goku^
Goku: Ready to fight?
*Goku changes to Super Saiyan form*
*Newcomer Goku appears on the screen*
*Coming Soon appears on the screen*

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I'd really like the trailer to be based on newcomers than veterans. Of course the veterans such as Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, and Link must be shown in the beggining. But after that, I'd rather see more of "Smash4" than Smash in general (1+2+3)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
What if in the trailer, Sakurai is trying to finish the trailer in his Smash hut, then the newcomers and veterans start to get in the way while he is finishing the trailer. ;)

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
Scene 1: At first we just see a black screen as orchestrated music plays. From off screen one of Mario's fireballs comes in. It begins as an N64 fireball, it bounces once and becomes it's Melee model, then after a second bounce it's Brawl model, and then it becomes it's SSBB4 model and burns away the background revealing...

Scene 2: Standard opening of Mario and Kirby fighting on the new Battlefield. During the fight Kirby attacks Mario from behind but Mario responds with a new backwards smash where he pulls a Bruce Lee fist sort of thing but Kirby dodges and hits Mario with his new dash special, Mirror. They fight some more and Kirby grabs a smash ball and the flaming aura starts to grow, after a couple seconds of this, there's a burst that pushes Mario back slightly and Kirby performs Crash causing the screen to crack and shatter transitioning to scene 3.

Scene 3: Marth walks down a castle hallway that's lined with torches, he walks past a statue of Roy and then a statue of Ike and the camera pans around to reveal *NEWCOMER! CHROM!* sitting on a throne. Chrom then throws a javelin, seemingly at Marth. The javelin flies past Marth's head and we see it smacked to the ground by a massive scythe. The pair then engage Castlevania's Death in an epic CG fight. During the fight Death pulls his scythe back to slam it down on a prone Chrom only for the Vampire Slayer to wrap around the shaft from off screen and rip the scythe out of Death's hands. From here the camera reveals *NEWCOMER! SIMON BELMONT!* Marth then gives a signal and Simon throws a knife at Death's hand, pinning it to the wall while at the same time Pit appears from above and fires an arrow into Death's other hand, doing much the same. From there Link jumps down from the rafters to impale Death's face while Zelda casts a spell causing light to shine from inside of Death. The camera gets flooded with bright light and when it dims down...

Scene 4: We see an arwing flying through space. "This is Fox calling in to Great Fox. The rift seems to be expanding. Requesting back up." We then see the Great Fox come on screen and through the window we see ROB piloting it. "Affirmative Fox, deploying back up." Falco is seen running down the hangar bay to his arwing followed by *NEWCOMER! KRYSTAL!* when Wolf ambushes Fox who successfully pulls off a barrel roll but in the rift he sees James McCloud defending himself from a blur.

Scene 5: The camera zooms in on the rift to reveal *ALTERNATE CHARACTER (Read costume)! JAMES McCLOUD!* fighting with Sonic on Final Destination. The camera is zoomed in really close to the action and after a few seconds *RETURNING CHARACTER! MEWTWO (X/Y form)* comes in and starts fighting. Mewtwo then releases his new shadow ball. James spot dodges but G&W, who's in the air but near the ground, does a Melee style air dodge. The attack flies off screen and the screen goes black as we hear the echoing "Pew pew pew pew" that has always accompanied Megaman's death creating the perfect storm of hype as he's never seen or explicitly mentioned other than from that sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom