• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post your original game ideas here

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
Have you ever experienced the sadness that comes when you have an idea for an awesome game mechanic or feature, do some searching on the internet, and find that there isn't a single game that features anything similar to your idea? Only making matters worse, you don't know the first thing about game development, and so you're left with only a dream that you desperately want to experience. This happens to me all the time, but I figured that even if I'll probably never get to play any of my ideas, I can at least have fun talking about them. I can't possibly be the only person who's had such an experience before, so I'm posting this thread for all of you to share your ideas.

Here are some of my best ideas that sadly do not exist:
Okay, so this is a pretty simple idea: cross together the simple style of old school top-down pixel Legend Zelda, then add in the ability to issue real-time tactical orders to your troops, along with maybe a combat system that's just a bit more intricate than hack 'n' slash. The way I envision this working best would be where you have complete control over your main character using a keyboard, and then you can use the mouse to command the members of your party. This could be even more awesome with AI that learn your fighting style and how to best work alongside it, and maybe a FE support system, too. I practically get aroused at the thought of jumping in front of my favorite NPC party member in order to block an attack aimed at their flank, then watching as they maneuver around and strike the enemy who's attack I just blocked. I feel that a system like this lends itself perfectly to both single player AND PvP.
Do I need to say more? pulling & pushing blocks to form cover, using portals to outmaneuver the enemy (maybe with some cooldowns or ammo limits on the portal guns to keep things from getting too crazy), plus GUNS AND GRENADES. Who wouldn't want to pull off crazy 360 no-scope headshots through multiple portals? I know I would!

So, what are some of your best ideas?

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
Reserved for an index of game ideas in case a game developer who needs ideas happens to swings by!
I've always thought of sort of 3d fighting game where characters have the same movement as LoL characters. And similar attacks like the Passive, Special and Ultimates. So if LoL was a battle game instead of a MOBA.
This was ten years ago (I still have a development notepad of it in my laptop documents), but I was thinking of developing a fan fiction of DarkAuraBlade (primarily where my user tag comes from!). When I first thought of it, it all came from Melee's adventure mode, when I began thinking what it would've happen if it had a co-op mode for adventure mode.

So yeah, my main character was a Yoshi because he was one of my favorite characters to play in Melee. That idea broadened up alot, and I one time in fifth grade, began making comics based off it, showing it to my friends which also inspired another to do so as well! My ideas keep developing from playing the first Paper Mario and I thought years later, I'd put it into action as a role playing thread on a Sonic forum. Unfortunately, it did not go as I expected but it's fine.

I have some characters whose design were based off some other members that participated in my role playing thread. But I wouldn't use them entirely since it's plagiarism. If it were a game, it's be a RPG genre based. I still have it, only now I have a greater and graduating understanding of how to develop proper relationships between other characters and the villains. I also have to make it original too. Hm... But yeah; pretty much it.
My ideas came with many inspirations (like Brawl's Subspace, fallout 1&2, castle crashers, Fable 3, and Saints row 4), but what I had in mind was a open word semi 3D, top down view of a classic beat em' up trying to get to certain goals, each goal affecting the story a bit. Like one path would make you stronger with super abilities, one would make you richer, one would keep the challenge for you, and one will grant you allies on the way, all which then you have a choice to join or defeat the greater evil that plagues the land. I like games where I have choices on how the game is done, and I don't see that more often (one reason why I quit Fable 3)

Last edited:

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Oooh I like this idea.

I've always thought of sort of 3d fighting game where characters have the same movement as LoL characters. And similar attacks like the Passive, Special and Ultimates. So if LoL was a battle game instead of a MOBA.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
This was ten years ago (I still have a development notepad of it in my laptop documents), but I was thinking of developing a fan fiction of DarkAuraBlade (primarily where my user tag comes from!). When I first thought of it, it all came from Melee's adventure mode, when I began thinking what it would've happen if it had a co-op mode for adventure mode.

So yeah, my main character was a Yoshi because he was one of my favorite characters to play in Melee. That idea broadened up alot, and I one time in fifth grade, began making comics based off it, showing it to my friends which also inspired another to do so as well! My ideas keep developing from playing the first Paper Mario and I thought years later, I'd put it into action as a role playing thread on a Sonic forum. Unfortunately, it did not go as I expected but it's fine.

I have some characters whose design were based off some other members that participated in my role playing thread. But I wouldn't use them entirely since it's plagiarism. If it were a game, it's be a RPG genre based. I still have it, only now I have a greater and graduating understanding of how to develop proper relationships between other characters and the villains. I also have to make it original too. Hm... But yeah; pretty much it.

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
My ideas came with many inspirations (like Brawl's Subspace, fallout 1&2, castle crashers, Fable 3, and Saints row 4), but what I had in mind was a open word semi 3D, top down view of a classic beat em' up trying to get to certain goals, each goal affecting the story a bit. Like one path would make you stronger with super abilities, one would make you richer, one would keep the challenge for you, and one will grant you allies on the way, all which then you have a choice to join or defeat the greater evil that plagues the land. I like games where I have choices on how the game is done, and I don't see that more often (one reason why I quit Fable 3)

mcpon

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Bros. 3D mixed with Harry Potter. All of the items of both franchises and spells, etc. :) 3rd person perspective, lol. :)

Top Bottom