• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Post-Update "disc read error" 150-1031

SinglePlayerSmasher

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, first post. I know it's a question but it's a crucial one.

Anyway, I was with my friends playing Smash for Wii U earlier this year, when I noticed there was an update available. I figured okay, yeah, I want to play this as balanced as possible now that I'm with my friends.

After the update, the game kept giving me an error code at random points. Sometimes it was less than five minutes after starting up the disc, sometimes more than 20 minutes. But it would always say "Error Code 150-1031" and tell me that the disc is dirty.

I love my Wii U. I take great care of it, and the Smash Bros. disc is completely scratch-free. No other game does this, nor for that matter did Smash before I updated it. This is my favorite fighting game ever. I would gladly drop another 60 dollars for a new copy, but I don't want to buy it twice and why would a second perfectly clean disc do any better than the one I already have?

It looks like people all over the internet have had this problem, but there has never really been a definitive solution. I figured that this place would be the best to search for one.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
It's simple. Take it out of the Wii U and teach it how to read.

But serisualy make sure the disc is clean. If not search up the error code.

ThatKidSparky

Smash Rookie
NNID
Junmkk
You're not alone, I too experience this problem on multiple wii u's and the Discs condition is perfect, void of scratches or smudges. I dont have the error as frequently as you but I hear that sometimes the message is displayed with over heating WiiU's

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
Duuuude this happened to me today :/ I only turned on my wii u to play smash once today and I got it and then I wiped the disc for 10 mins and popped it back in and it worked . My disc looked fine and perfect before I wiped it too

D

Deleted member

It has to do with the disc reader I believe. I've been getting this problem with particular parts of the game recently and when I flip it to it's side and insert the disc back in; it works.

Top Bottom