• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post quotes from people on GFAQs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Ok, for the MOST part, not all, but most people on gamefaqs know very little about SSBM. Here's some.

I hear people say Marth = Link--Raiden_MGS4

Marth has that awesome 'B' move or something--Gunfire2468

I just want to know how to be better my perso is marth and I am personally good with air combo it's just the attack on the ground that make me mad cause sometime I get outfasten--babaXIII

None of these are really outstanding, or hilarious, but I hope some of yours are. :)

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
First of all, that's not what your Mom said!!!!111111 NOW THATS A BURN!! LAWLZ

Secondly, Imageshack appears to not be working, I'll post them asap.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
First of all, that's not what your Mom said!!!!111111 NOW THATS A BURN!! LAWLZ

Secondly, Imageshack appears to not be working, I'll post them asap.
Oh, I wasn't seriously calling you out on providing screenshots for all of these, that would be a waste of loading time for the page, and I've seen most of those repeatedly on GFAQs. It's just that the best quote I have (Isai saying that Captain Falcon sucks), I happen to have a screenshot/motivational poster of, so I posted that.

spybloom

Smash Apprentice
I don't have any quotes from there, but Windjammers formed because of it, with our president, The Moonlight Knight.

EDIT: I guess I do have a quote:

"I did it in 2:04 with Ganon with no strategies, fighting as hard as I can"

Something along the lines of that. I left SSBMGB when fads started happening every few days >.>

4% APR

Smash Champion
Isn't there an anti tier faction on Gfaqs. Yeah, makes sense, all the characters are clearly equal.

Yep

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
(You Know what's a funny Word?

Poocsh
OT
Who Has the second longest wavedash?
I Tinks its ganon ) -->blackfire134

No comment. Left Gamefaqs a month after joining when i realized trolls controlled the boards.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i left awhile a go after it was overrun by spammers, they didn't believe me when i decided to be nice and post the new tier list for them, they thought i was on drugs or something

Cort

Apple Head
GameFAQs is Stadium central, where for some reason SWF doesn't even have a subforum for.

Otherwise, GameFAQs is a pretty funny place.

A_Mammoth_rib

Smash Rookie
Generally Stadium is the one serious thing.

Usually it's a vast sea of stupidity, but some people are still there to help when someone with an actual question rolls around.

Unfortunately people who don't know anything still try to answer those questions sometimes, but whatever.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I remember on one of their daily top ten lists they where counting down the hardest challenges in games. They put beating a level 9 computer in Melee as like the number 6 or 7 hardest thing in any game. Thats about as funny as it gets.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I admit being one of the biggest GFAQs spammers of all time. Seriously. When I got there a couple of years ago, the boards were 80% serious and 20% troll/spam. After I was finished with it, it became the other way around. I still remember the topic that made me want to be a troll.

"Not Using Advanced Tactics to Beat pro Players?"
"I played Ken the other day at Josh's house and won. I didn't se advanced tactics, but used lots of air dodges. That seemed to confuse him. Maybe he let me win because I was a girl.'

I'm not making that up.^ Josh's House lol

Then there was my amazing 500 post topic. "Marth is not Cheap."
It was pretty much Kewl_Nivel and I spamming "Marth is so cheap" and "Peach is so cheap" over and over. I probably made 375 out of the 500 posts over two weeks.

GameFAQs may be dumb, but if you're in the mood, it's quite fun.

Edit: I beat Even 51, no strategies, just fighting as hard as I could. (Not the correct punctuation, but the words are right.)

Samus is a guy.

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
The vets at GameFAQs used to be cooler. They've pretty much all left though. I think the anti-tier faction is growing 0_o.

In any case, though, the problem with GameFAQs is that all they do are post stupid fad threads. Threads like "I'm the best at this game" (as a joke) far outnumber serious discussion about the game, stupid or intelligent.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yea, basically all of the vets left, not just for smash, for like every game, i can't even find something for the Mario Kart DS that's not from a noob, they're all anti-snakers, i even posted something that was only targeted to snakers and it gets bombarded with anti-snakers, so i give up

the smash board was good about a year and a half ago, it's what made me learn the advanced techs, but now it's really bad, but it's too much to go through all the games and get rid of the spammers, it's why smashboards doesn't have as much spam as gamefaqs, it only focus on one thing, smash (for the most part) and there are like 20 people who help keep this thing under control, all assigned to certain places on the forum to make sure everything is going good and to stop things when they got out of hand

raging_placenta...haha, i remember him, biggest noob ever, watch, it was probably ken or some other pro doing that

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
One time on GameFAQs there was a topic claiming that the only reason Ken won was because he only used the 1st controller slot. About 10 posts in, "sefirothken" (which actually is Ken's gFAQs' name) posts something like "actually, I use the 3rd slot for the shield color."

Oh, and in the topic I posted a picture of earlier, Isai, G-reg, and Tapion all posted that Captain Falcon sucks.

So the board is fun for a laugh or two.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
hahaha, the top 3 falcon's saying falcon sucks, it is pretty funny

they had a level 9 comp listed as the 9th hardest AI ever, i'm pretty sure that every other fighter has harder AI on the highest setting, they actually learn what you do while playing

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
hahaha, the top 3 falcon's saying falcon sucks, it is pretty funny

they had a level 9 comp listed as the 9th hardest AI ever, i'm pretty sure that every other fighter has harder AI on the highest setting, they actually learn what you do while playing
OK, the Top Ten Lists in general suck, because they're usually made by stupid people with too much time on their hands. They reflect the abilities/opinions of entirely too many people on the various game boards, true, but there are still many decent boards/topics/posts/people on the site. Obviously a website dedicated to almost every game ever made is going to lack the in-depth knowledge a one-game site like smashboards has about the game it's dedicated to.

Megaa

Smash Cadet
Edit: I beat Even 51, no strategies, just fighting as hard as I could. (Not the correct punctuation, but the words are right.)

ur doin it rong

"I did it in 2:04 with Ganon, no strategies, just fighting as hard as I could."

btw hai LUEsers on this board <3

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
If I ever need a good laugh, i'll visit the smash boards on gamefaqs. It's funny.

I don't think anyone should take gamefaqs seriously, though there are a bunch of people there who do know what they're talking about(I see gimpy's post often). It's mostly trolls though.

I saw this one thread today where somebody said that 'Mewtwo doesn't exist in the game, and anybody who said it did was lying'. It was soo hilarious how many n00bs took the bait and even went so far as to posting screen caps and videos to show that he's there. The people who knew that the guy who said that 'Mewtwo wasn't in the game' was just joking joined in and kept denying that Mewtwo is there. It's still going on, in fact(at least I think it is).

I even sigged one of the jokers' posts. I can't explain the hilarity of it, but if you need a good laugh, go check out gamefaqs. It's great.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Okay 1. This topic is something more Proomy but the Proom has enough lameness atm.
2. Typing with a Wii is hard, closing with a Wii is easy. (for everything else theres mastercard)
3. Everyone knows Gfaqs sucks no need to bring it here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom