• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post Patch And DLC Discoveries: Infinites, 0-Deaths, And More

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

With much excitement Ryu, Roy, and Lucas entered the fray this weekend alongside two new stages in Dreamland and Miiverse. If this wasn't enough, balance changes came with them that got everyone into a frenzy, hitting the lab to discover what might be new. There have already been some interesting discoveries made so let's take a look at some of the more interesting developments!

Lucas Has A Zero To Death Combo

Lucas already has a incredibly scarty combo discovered where he can take any opponent from 0 to death percents off of a down throw. Will there be a player to bring this to the proficiency of an Ice Climbers chain grab? Only time can tell.

Falco Gets Some Changes

Falco got a unique buff to his moveset with his neutral air now having a windbox. This has made several new combos available, but the one that is most interesting is a potential low percentage "chaingrab" where Falco can down throw into neutral air repeatedly. People who previously discounted Falco will be eager to try him out.

Ryu Infinites Discovered

The infinite shown in the video above has only been tested to work on Donkey Kong and Charizard thus far; it will take time to see if this can be applied to other characters. Ryu's up tilt also seems to have the ability to lock down characters. There is always the possibility with Smash DI that escape could happen, but it will take testing and practice to discover if this is the case. With Ryu already having some combos that can do 60% a pop, Ryu is looking to be a serious tournament threat.

Roy, Jigglypuff, And An Instant Up-B Kill
For those who do not know in both Project M and in Melee Roy can kill instantly kill Jigglypuff with his up b in certain situations. It seems with a little bit of trickery and some rage this is still possible within Smash 4, so a unique Smash tradition continues in the strangest way. Roy is also looking to have some great combos and other points of potential as well; it will be interesting to see him develop.

These next few days are bound to have even more thrilling discoveries made as the game advances forward. To keep up with them all be sure to stay tuned in to Smashboards for all the information you need!

SmashCapps is pumped but frightened of what DLC characters can do after only one day of use. To share in his fear or express some excitement follow him on Twitter.

Last edited:

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
Falco is the new Diddy. CONFIRMED. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Falco looks more fun to play, for sure. That nair change definitely adds to his potential.

Ħαχση

Smash Rookie
NNID
SSBBHDSN8
3DS FC
2509-1068-2650
Ike got a few changes too... Stronger more damaging dash attack and a seemingly faster yet weaker forward tilt

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
The Ryu infinite against Kong and Zard isn't true. It even says so in the video itself. You can just roll out of it before he hits you with another Focus Attack.

Not sure why people are making a deal about Falco's new "chain-grab" considering he's always been able to lock early missed techs with f-tilt.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Falco can't perform a psuedo chain grab with his nair because d-throw doesn't have enough hitstun.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's not a windbox... The patch added autolink angles to Falco's Nair which allows it to connect better and basically let him drag people with Nair. The game's probably freaking out and trying to figure out how to connect (a rising) Nair with Falco's high jump. Zelda's Nair would probably freak out too if she had Falco's jump.

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
This is like the ZSS infinite a while ago, cool but i doubt we will see it in a tournament match.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Well, this explains the sudden rise of non scrub Falco's on 3DS For Glory.
Before, I would rarely ever see one, and if I did, I knew they were either a threat or my target 10 seconds into the match.

Crimson Ace

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlackestKnight
3DS FC
2681-0941-8621
What exactly was changed in the update in terms of character balances? I know the DLC characters and stages came out, but can someone get me a list of changes, if any happened? I know a couple did. Thanks

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Wow, already? The smash community works fast, don't they?

But nice Falco change.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
As someone who plays Falco, time for me to learn all those combos shown on that video to improve my game with him, especially that d-throw/n-air thing.

And lol. That Zero to Death combo already had some people here saying that Lucas will be "the next Diddy Kong"

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
I'm tired of seeing footstall combos being called true combos. We don't see them in tournoment matches for a reason. The Lucas infinite combo can easily be DI'ed out of and make it nearly impossible to pull off and just not worth trying because they can DI offstage anyways.
And is the Ryu infinite legit, can't you shield it? I find it hard to believe that spamming the same move over again is an infinite, I don't think nintendo could have not seen that

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

PATCH IT. PATCH IT.

To be honest though, just buff some other characters to their level, and remove the infinites plz. You can totally hear my very vocal opinion here on an internet forum, Nintendo. Also, you definitely care too.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
The Lucas infinite is cool, but goofy and impractical. All footstool infinites are. The Ryu one is actually pretty dumb though. I am strongly against crying "nerf" but that probably needs to be patched.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
I'm tired of seeing footstall combos being called true combos. We don't see them in tournoment matches for a reason. The Lucas infinite combo can easily be DI'ed out of and make it nearly impossible to pull off and just not worth trying because they can DI offstage anyways.
And is the Ryu infinite legit, can't you shield it? I find it hard to believe that spamming the same move over again is an infinite, I don't think nintendo could have not seen that
To be fair, the positioning is kind of odd.

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling that, perhaps, there will be calls for Ryū to receive a slight nerf to some of his moves due to them being seemingly overpowered.

JackD

Smash Rookie
Lucas' combo certainly is... "scarty" also the hyperlink of "Roy is also looking to have some great combos" leads to nothing. Not sure if you had a video or thread prepared for that one but it's not linking to it.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
When Ryu gets mastered I just know he's going to be very high or top tier. I've seen some insane stuff from him already and its only been a day. Technical players will have a lot of fun getting all these rewards.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've fought some For Glory Roys and Ryus today and there's already someone who's really good with them, and it hasn't even been a full week yet. How's that even possible?

Last edited:

Abaasy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Abaasy
Looks like Jigglypuff was filled with hydrogen.... Bad Science Puns pls

Top Bottom