• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post Patch And DLC Discoveries: Infinites, 0-Deaths, And More

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
I've fought some For Glory Roys and Ryus today and there's already someone who's really good with them, and it hasn't even been a full week yet. How's that even possible?
Perhaps it's not that they are good...
Perhaps you need to get better.

ShowTime6Fro

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one who has tested rage in the recent patches? It doesn't exist anymore. I tried the Jigs kill with Roy while having the Jigs being a CPU instead of a person and it didn't die nor did I get the kill lines. I think that that instance is just bad DI.

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
who else can't do any of these things

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Right because clearly everybody likes playing competitive smash the exact same way you do. Project M is the only thing you should ever play. It's not like people like Smash 4 because of the more measured pace, emphasis on reads and outplaying your opponent, and not having to learn and practice a ludicrous amount of tech skill to even attempt playing competitively, they just like it because it's new. Seriously though, you can have your opinion, heck you can find Smash 4 pointless, but you don't have to be rude about it.
Do you seriously mean to imply PM doesn't have emphasis on reads, patience, or outplaying your opponent?

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
Do you seriously mean to imply PM doesn't have emphasis on reads, patience, or outplaying your opponent?
Dude, he said MORE measured pace, more emphasis, etc. You can't just be Neon and use crazy techs and automatically overwhelm everybody in Sm4sh.

Last edited:

Gamefreak561

Smash Rookie
NNID
ColdGravity36
Lol. People are now finding out about Falco's chan grab? He's had one since day one and it consists of a guranteed 50-60% combo. Dthrow>fair>dash grab>dthrow (if it's a heavy character ie:DK Bowser) or uthrow>uair>bair> b revese laser. Your welcome Falco mains .

OwenSmart

Smash Rookie
The Lucas one is messed up by DI, the Falco one likely the same, and now apparently the Ryu one can be rolled out of? This is starting to seem more like clickbait than anything...

But if the Ryu one is an infinite, we need that **** patched ASAP.
It's an infinite IF they don't hold left or right first. Easy to actually get out of, not really broken :p

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
It's an infinite IF they don't hold left or right first. Easy to actually get out of, not really broken :p
Yeah you're right i was testing it and its VERY easily broken out of…
i feel cheated.

SFR

Smash Rookie
You can't tech a footstool, and he was doing jab locks, which force an on-spot get up, making the combo inescapable.
You can't tech a footstool but you can tech the last hit of his down air unless it's being used for a reset but it made the sound of a spike so to me, this isn't an infinite (I didn't test this myself yet)

AllysonWonderland

Smash Rookie
If that combo takes 20 seconds to complete, it doesn't seem feasible/practical. That aside, I'm sure everyone has a zero to death combo against a stationary CPU...

Last edited:
Top Bottom