• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post if you keep NAIR suiciding

samspot

Smash Rookie
I keep dying at low percentages because I accidentally nair when i'm off the side and the move lasts too long! If someone knows a way to cancel out of it please let me know!

optimusprimm

Smash Rookie
It's true, Dair is almost as bad. the problem is that Cypher takes time to neutralize downward momentum before it takes you up, so even if you manage to get the up+B in, he dies.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Yea, Snake needs his 2nd jump to make the Cypher a useful recovery since momentum is preserved in this game. If you wanna use an air game though, stick with Bair or Uair since there is next to no lag from them.

samspot

Smash Rookie
Yeah I'm trying. Just have to train myself not to button mash in the air, most of my nair deaths are accidental right now... i know i want to do an air move but i'm not sure which one.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Uair. Best of Snake's tricks and easiest to follow into somthing else upon landing. BAir is also great due to near no lag but I cant use it due to what my piano teacher used to call "Stupid Fingers" /futurama.

Both are extremely great if you chase someone in the air with the Cypher. Just fly up, say hi then give them the boot.

kevc

Smash Cadet
kinda confused i keep seeing the term N air and D air thrown around, im guessing D air is down air attack, whats N air? neutral air?

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Yes. If you want to learn the terms of the Smash community, head over to the Smash Wiki. You'll find all you need to know to get around the smash community there.

Miles

Smash Rookie
I Nair suicide all the time... I made it back to the edge just barely last time tough. The stage was picochat.

Dhampir

Smash Rookie
I used to do it a bit, but I've switched to using Bair since it hits pretty much anything even in front of snake. If you do it too much, you may want to switch to bowser for a while. Suicide is boring unless you can take someone with you.

J0KER

Smash Rookie
Why dont u guys use the nair then cypher and then do the bomb cypher bomb cypher technique to come back up

optimusprimm

Smash Rookie
The problem is that you can't interrupt his NAIR with the Cypher. And by the time you can use Cypher, it's too late to recover.

The only good solution is never to Nair or Dair with Snake unless you have a platform beneath you.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Actually, when I accidentally nair off the ledge, I'm always able to make it back up if I still have my second jump and Cypher. The trick is to mash the jump button until you see Snake jump, then immediately Cypher, so that the momentum helps preserve Cypher time.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Larger trouble with Fair being so deceptively unusable in most cases due to speed. Spiked off a premature meteor more times than Nair suicides.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Larger trouble with Fair being so deceptively unusable in most cases due to speed. Spiked off a premature meteor more times than Nair suicides.
I find it best to use the Fair on a platform stage. Might not get the downward spike but the KO power straight up is a good consolation prize.

LukewarmHoliday

Smash Cadet
i try to keep my second jump ready for recovery whenever i edgeguard just for self safety ive gotten my friend to suicide chasing me off an edge by making them use a 2nd jump.

Top Bottom