• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post E4all Tweak?!?! Hes Like Roy? and ask me any Q about ike :)

GenG

Smash Lord
If true, then these are definitely good news. But I'm not trusting in the source unless it's from a seasoned player.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
well then there is nothing i can tell u GenG shortfuse found jumpfesta aritcles ( or bullitin boards ) and translated them
and explain a seasoned player like someone with a lot of posts?

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
from the thread i looked at shortfuse said ike is faster with less start up lag on atks and yes ike lost a little power lets just say as of now ike is still the powerhouse of smash

and i think sakurai was gona do that anyway :)

Sputnikk8156

Smash Journeyman
cool cool.

lol my mom just called me and she was at gamestop saying they had brawl and she was getting a copy. and i creampied in my pants..then she called back saying it was just a preorder...so i had to go change my pants..

GenG

Smash Lord
well then there is nothing i can tell u GenG shortfuse found jumpfesta aritcles ( or bullitin boards ) and translated them
and explain a seasoned player like someone with a lot of posts?
No, it's not shortfuse... I mean, the japanese player/s who gave that info. If they know what they are talking about or not.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
well they could say the same thing about us
but i think the dev team noticed ike and new he should be fixed

iron blade

Smash Ace
OMG at first glance I thought you meant his moveset was the same as Roy's. I was like f*ck! Roy sucked! After reviewing the thread I'm relieved it was just his speed. GO IKE!!!!111111one1111(couldn't help myself)

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Lets just hope he isnt Broken. or that this isnt an observation based off of somebody who's only played roy/Ike afew times and never really got used to their speed/power.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
breadman he is still slow and definently lethal dont worry its for the better
if his moveset was like roy id shoot myself XO

and i dont think hes gona be broken

iron blade

Smash Ace
I doubt he will be broken, compared to the superspicy curry he's completely normal.

PS- Superninjabreadman I'd vote for you lol but the Olympics would have to be more often

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
that curry lasted way to long and the flames came out far
u practicly had a star and did constat damage to anyone by u it was definently broken

HiIH

Smash Lord
= ( Man, now he's going to make high tier, and I'm going to be morally objected against using him.

Gah, same thing is going to happen with Link I fear. = \

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yes ike is faster on atking hes not a fastfaller so i dont think hes gona SHFF fast
i dont care which tier he ends uo to be i was planning tobmain him since agust 1 was it?
people dont feel guilty using ssbm fox but they feel guilty using marth, its probly the sword but im happy i kinda liked roy but ike is still gona be nothing like him

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Boo.

I was excited to master a slow but lethal powerhouse :(.
If the reports are accurate and I think they are then he should be hitting about as hard but be a tad bit faster.

There is a chance that the Japanese read our EforAll impressions, which to an extent exaggerated Ike's slowness and thought he had been buffed. It'll be nice to see some vids of Ike in action from both places to compare.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
heu jalapeno was ranger crirical a good recovery move as in distance wise and does it spike also as there anything special bout ikes counter i no it reflects projectiles but is it like foxes reflector

well i would like to play ike competitivly against sonic mk and fox so i welcome prelag atk buffs and anybuffs at all but he has to keep his absolute godlike strength

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
heu jalapeno was ranger crirical a good recovery move as in distance wise and does it spike also as there anything special bout ikes counter i no it reflects projectiles but is it like foxes reflector
The ranger critical is great for horizontal distance, yes. When I used it to recover, I usually hit my mark and got back to the stage. I don't know about how it spiked, I used it a couple times when I played and it seemed pop the foe upwards.

Ike counter was not something I used a lot so I wouldn't know.

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
hallelujah! i'm soo happy ike got faster.
i am looking forward to playing as him and it's great that he got buffed.
so wouldn't you say that this confirms roy not being in brawl?
and do you think marth has a chance of being in brawl? i hope he is.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
about roy idk shortfuse said that he read that ike is similar to atk speed so that doesnt decomfirm roy
about math there is a marth support thread but for the fire emblem icon in ssbb it is marths sword the falchion and marth is getting a ds remake so i think he has a good chance even though i mained marth and i was extremly good ill still main ike

jalapeno i no on the ground it pops them up ( good set up for up smash if u ask me ) but while in the air i heard it spiked?
does ike dash fast at all compared to other characters?
did u ever DD with ike? is it good?
does aether spike?
does ikes nair spike?
whats ur thoughts on eruption?

lol sry for the overload of Q jalapeno :)

Maben

Smash Journeyman
No offense but exactly how do the people at JumpFesta know if he is any faster unless they also played at E 4 All? If most of Ike's supposed lag was not visible, perhaps the Japanese are simply being more lenient on Ike's slowness and aren't being as harsh as Gimpy was. I'm just wondering how we can be sure w/o any real relation.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
jalapeno i no on the ground it pops them up ( good set up for up smash if u ask me ) but while in the air i heard it spiked?
does ike dash fast at all compared to other characters?
did u ever DD with ike? is it good?
does aether spike?
does ikes nair spike?
whats ur thoughts on eruption?

lol sry for the overload of Q jalapeno :)
Hah, I don't mind, just don't expect me to get specific

-Eruption is good for getting great range the longer you charge and I used it a couple times to hit someone on a platform above me.
-Didn't really do aerial attacks, lots of F-Smashes though! xD.
-Ike doesn't dash quickly, compare it to Ganon's dash.
- Dash dancing is met with tripping (pivoting)

The aether would naturally spike following its downward swipe, no?

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
thxs
WOW eruption is very versitile aether ur right das y i asked
his nair looks like it could spike
so hes an extremly slow dasher

explain met with tripping (pivoting)
sry bout Q first time an ike user from e4all

True Fool

Smash Ace
No offense but exactly how do the people at JumpFesta know if he is any faster unless they also played at E 4 All? If most of Ike's supposed lag was not visible, perhaps the Japanese are simply being more lenient on Ike's slowness and aren't being as harsh as Gimpy was. I'm just wondering how we can be sure w/o any real relation.
Quoted, please answer the man/woman/boy/girl, I'm curious to know this as well.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
sry i havent been translating anything on the japenese BBS thats something ull have to ask shortfuse

True Fool

Smash Ace
Haha I am a man ;). Toad is just my boy...or girl...or w/e Toad is lol. I guess it doesn't make me come off as too masculine...
I am not in the possession of internet gender/age vision. I like to make it obvious when I think of it. Better than being embarassed when I offend the one girl in a thread, or offend the middle-aged crowd with my hateful generalizations.

And it pleases me to use he/she/it when referring to people over the internet :)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Ike kills. I played him in E for All, so he should be better for me to handle than before.

D

Deleted member

Cool news.

So, he's still slow, but startup and lag has been greatly reduced? Wicked.

All they need to do now is fix that horrible recovery of his. I saw a video of him at Norfair for E for All, and he couldn't accurately grab onto the ledges.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
thxs
WOW eruption is very versitile aether ur right das y i asked
his nair looks like it could spike
so hes an extremly slow dasher

explain met with tripping (pivoting)
sry bout Q first time an ike user from e4all
When you try to quickly move to the left and right you trip and fall. Sometimes...I know it's bizarre but that's what happened

Top Bottom