• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post any potential discoveries here post patch 1.03(Rush Canceling untouched!)

BBC7

Smash Ace
So they buffed the upper and/or changed the gravity/weight of Mario? Have you tested it on other characters?
I think it might actually be a gravity/weight change in Mario, other characters still get killed at the same percents as last time such as Rosalina which was 74% and still is 74%.

EDIT: U-Tilt always killed at 86%, disregard this post

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I just got home and realized there was a patch. You all were scaring me this morning. Rush Cancel was the only thing giving me faith for him against Mario and ZSS (Protips: ZSS can't kill us with FSmash or UpB cause of Rush Cancel)

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I got duped into thinking they got rid of the hitstun on lemons (so they were like Fox's lasers). -_-

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Not sure if this has been touched, but Up Air does about 20% damage opposed to 15% from 1.0.2 and jab/nair/fair have all been increased range wise. FSmash is still the same length.

BBC7

Smash Ace
Not sure if this has been touched, but Up Air does about 20% damage opposed to 15% from 1.0.2 and jab/nair/fair have all been increased range wise. FSmash is still the same length.
It was always 20%-21%. Lemons do feel like they have more range this time around. I think that until we have frame data, we can't really confirm our speed-based findings.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I don't feel the difference in lemon range. Can someone directly compare versions and confirm?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'm pretty sure nothing got changed at all, besides stuff like Conquest or menuing (perhaps some update to wifi connection stuff?) I was testing around with NinjaLink and we think basically nothing was changed so far. He had the old version and I had the patch, and we noticed no differences.

Abortion Doc

Smash Cadet
So was Nintendo just BSing all of us when they said there were balance changes? Cause I'm pretty sure no one has noticed any so far, even with other characters.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I think by balance changes they meant conquest at this point, as people would see the winning team and see no point in playing the others. Now that's more balanced, but gameplay seems untouched.

Top Bottom