• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post all of Luigi's combos here!

Nausce

Smash Rookie
NNID
MutantPanda155
3DS FC
0619-3615-5944
I've been having a hard time stringing together his moves, so you guys should all post some simple or more advanced combos luigi can do, thanks (:

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Luigi's Moves have some strange properties of sending the opponent upwards.

you could string 3 down smashes, or down smash/nair into another aerial or throw.

badangadang

Smash Apprentice
Utilt is great at low percentages. If you're having trouble getting combos, work on utilt and following opponents' trajectories at very low percents. However, IIRC a lot of the time this isn't safe on floaties, even at lower percents.

Uthrow to Usmash is good at low percents and for spacie combos. Nair strings with the sourspot/weak hit of nair work well in general too. They can combo to more nairs, fair, dair, or if you're hitting with it on the way down near the ground, you can combo to Usmash or utilt or maybe even a grab in theory?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Max?

Smash Champion
It would be impossible to accurately put together a list of combos for Luigi. His movement coupled with his moveset allows him to put together some creative combos. You just need to know some basics:

- Utilt/Dsmash/Usmash/Nair all pop people up and can lead to more utilts/nairs/dsmash/usmash/aerials. You can link a number of these moves together, for example chaining multiple utilts together.
- You can perform two aerials in a short hop which allows a fair amount of mix up potential. You can pressure people's shield by doing dair -> nair in a single short hop. If they try to react OOS after the dair, then the nair will pop them up and set up for a combo. This is something that a lot of Luigi's do however, and your opponent will catch on and try to bait you into doing it and punish you for it. As a result you can mix it up by only doing the dair and then landing and trying to grab/smash their reaction, or do something completely different!
- Luigi's Uthrow/dthrow both set up combos. Dthrow -> dsmash works on FFers/mid weights at low/mid % and leads to fat combos. I know Abate will jank people by WDing backwards into his opponent, grabbing them and immediately dthrow -> dsmashing before they can react and DI. This setups FAT combos.
- Luigi's aerials are typically the finishers in your combo, and they are pretty good. Fair/Dair are both strong, and even bair/nair can KO. Uair is an underrated juggling move, but his other's that I listed are better.

Hope that helps! Practice makes perfect.

Nausce

Smash Rookie
NNID
MutantPanda155
3DS FC
0619-3615-5944
Thanks guys, and I always hear people say you can do two aerials in a short hop, but I can't really seem to do it. Is there something else you have to do or some kind of timing I'm not getting?

spencer postal service

Smash Rookie
There's no special technique for putting two aerials into a short hop. It's more about getting comfortable with when they end. You do have to NOT fastfall though to make them work. It took me a while to get it, but once it clicks, it'll make sense. If you want an easier way to practice something similar, try putting in fair-nair or uair-nair from a ledgehop - it'll make you more comfy with the double aerial timing and give you some mixups from the ledge. I found that helped me out a lot when I was getting accustomed to it.

Top Bottom