• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possibly the way to falcon is....

seshun

Smash Apprentice
ToD.....what is ToD you ask? Some lame new acronym given to a character after you invent an AT or a strategy? NOOOOOOOOO. It stands for taps of death. So you all know about the effectiveness of jab canceling, especially with falcon. Why dont we focus on this instead of trying to play falcon like melee falcon in a way. what i discovered is if you do combos such as double jab>dtilt>tripple jab or another double jab>dtilt or ftilt> grab or ftilt, dtilt, jabs. You can rack up some serious damage this way. Just using this combo i racked up an amazing 60% to start with. Ive been experimenting with this still starting today so there are probably more ways to utilize this. Also i think overall captains tilts are the way to go.

ONE MORE THING.
Have you been having trouble catching up to your opponents to follow up directly after a down throw around 0%?

Than have i got a solution for you. I posted this in another thread, but it is much easier to time a dash after a down throw into a short hopped aerial than it is to jump out of a down throw into an aerial. I learned that immediatley dashing after the down throw is much more effective for doing a follow up than jumping out of the down throw into a follow up. Practice. With your help falcons game can and will improve.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
ToD.....what is ToD you ask? Some lame new acronym given to a character after you invent an AT or a strategy? NOOOOOOOOO. It stands for taps of death. So you all know about the effectiveness of jab canceling, especially with falcon. Why dont we focus on this instead of trying to play falcon like melee falcon in a way. what i discovered is if you do combos such as double jab>dtilt>tripple jab or another double jab>dtilt or ftilt> grab or ftilt, dtilt, jabs. You can rack up some serious damage this way. Just using this combo i racked up an amazing 60% to start with. Ive been experimenting with this still starting today so there are probably more ways to utilize this. Also i think overall captains tilts are the way to go.
What's stopping an opponent from shieldgrabbing you? I'm not putting down the concept, I'm just not sold on the example you have listed. It doesn't seem like would catch anyone. I know what you're trying to say, though. Well timed "pokes" into your opponent's game can mess up their defense and open up more opportunities.
ONE MORE THING.
Have you been having trouble catching up to your opponents to follow up directly after a down throw around 0%?

Than have i got a solution for you. I posted this in another thread, but it is much easier to time a dash after a down throw into a short hopped aerial than it is to jump out of a down throw into an aerial. I learned that immediatley dashing after the down throw is much more effective for doing a follow up than jumping out of the down throw into a follow up. Practice. With your help falcons game can and will improve.
I'll give this a go. BTW to all those who've read the thread saying that SH knee lands after a dash, it doesn't. At least not enough times to make it worthwihle.

seshun

Smash Apprentice
oo i know you cant do the knee after DI. Umm i forgot to post that the taps of death arent going to be something of a force its more of a mix up thing because they can definitley be sheilded or broken through with an attack if your opponent knows you are always doing it. You have to mix it up with another strategy and constantly switch play styles between ToD lol stoopid acronym and whatever falcon play style you want.

For the downthrow>well timed dash>short hopped aerial...i definitley know that a lot of people havent tried this and have just been trying to jump right out of the downthrow which is almost useless becuz most of the time you never reach. But with this new method if timed well, it will take practice, you can do most of all the combos your trying to do when you were jumping out of the down throw

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Yeah this stuff is what you do when you've gotten in close, but doesn't really do anything for Falcon's approach, which you have to do against a lot of the characters just so that you don't get camped. We also need to figure out more kill setups; this stuff is just the damage-building portion. We really need an approach guide, a damage-building guide, and a killing guide (yes I know there's threads for each of these but we really need guides so we don't have to read through a dozen posts when we forget something). And we need to know for all these combos/chains what percents they generally work at (basically bounds rounded to the nearest 10% on a medium-weight opponent) and how much damage they do so that we can select the best one for the occasion. Our work has just begun!

Dashing out of DThrow: who would have though that running would be faster than DI?

Top Bottom