• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possibly new Ledge Tech

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521

Yesterday I achieved a weird Zair cancel even though you can't fast fall Zair so it's not like Falco's d.air L-cancel.
I hope it's not stage dependent, someone has to figure out how to do this constantly. It could be very useful.

Update:
7 months later MySmashCorner made a tutorial about this tech:

Last edited:

S.P.A.D.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lavama
I had no idea you could fast fall after that, any clue how you got back on? Looks like the angle you got back on was lower than normal. I can't really tell.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Im pretty sure this is a tech all characters can do, it requires like frame perfect precision, there are some gifs/vids of marth and ganon out there somewhere, ill post them if I can find them

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
You just frame cancelled it. The hit box connected as soon as you hit the ground. Fastfalling makes FCing easier but as far as I understand from what I had read around the time FCing became discovered fast falling isn't necessary.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
But the frame cancel happens when the first frame of the attack hits the opponent while you are landing. But here Samus was actually rising while Zair hits.

Last edited:

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
But the frame cancel happens when the first frame of the attack hits the opponent while you are landing. But here Samus was actually rising while Zair hits.
The second hit box of Zair though. The first one does only 1 damage iirc. You did 2 points of damage. Weird huh? Can't seem to tell what's happening.

Last edited:

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
It does 1.5 damage, so it will round up to 2 depending on prior hits

Top Bottom