• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible University of North Florida Tourney Venue

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Greetings. I have become aware of a possible new FL venue for regular tournaments.

I am wondering how much interest there would be in having monthly tourneys being held at UNF. From what I have heard, it is very nice.

Just post in here if you think you would come to something like that. I want to see how many people would be interested in a tourney venue in that area.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Dguy! Are you still in Merritt Island? What what be the need for tournaments so far north, epecially when there are already a bunch that are closer to where you are. Unless you moved....

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I have not moved. I have met a group of guys that are new to smash that live in that area. They so badly want to get a scene started and learn some stuff, but driving down to CFL is not such an easy task for some of them. I just want to see if any of you guys would be interested in tournaments either at UNF or in Daytona.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
being from Jacksonville, I'd totally be down for tourneys there. Gives me a good excuse to go home.

If it were to be on UNF campus though, you'd have to make sure you can actually do money tourneys.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
being from Jacksonville, I'd totally be down for tourneys there. Gives me a good excuse to go home.

If it were to be on UNF campus though, you'd have to make sure you can actually do money tourneys.

QFT, money always causes issues. UCF has been giving us problems about money tournaments too.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was informed by one of the guys that money would be an issue. However, it does not necessarily have to be exactly at UNF. I was talking to him and he said Daytona would probably be a better locale, as that is close to equidistant from where his group lives and Orlando. We were thinking about maybe getting a cheap hotel room and having a door fee to pay for that.

Pritch

Smash Lord
When I was at UNF I raised the possibility of hosting a cash tournament there with my boss (who controls the best space on campus to run such a thing), and she seemed willing to work with me on that. But then when I asked around to see if people would be likely to come to such a thing, and they all said variations on "jacksonville is really far north" and so I didn't really make any efforts to organize anything. (though it's worth mentioning that all you b1tches were equally south and I still came to your ****:ohwell:)

That said though, if you're interested in running somthing, I could give you some names to talk to. It seems like it'd be a good place to do somthing since it's far enough north that you could probably get some georgia people to it, as well as the bulk of central fl and maybe even some south fl.

Top Bottom