• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Tournament Idea

vinerd

Smash Cadet
So I was sitting in the middle of class one day sulking because I had no friends. However, I had a great idea! You know how the Smash Community is popular for taking a family"ish" Nintendo game and changing it into a competitive legend? Well I thought, couldn't we possibly add the metagame formula to other games as well? That's when the idea blossomed into a brand new tournament convention idea: META!

META (The Multi-Man Event of Technological Acheivement) is a tournament convention in which 5 seemingly casual games are "Metafied" into entire tournaments, similar to what you see in Melee.

How it works is each year, there will be 5 different games chosen for tournaments. However, these games would not be listed, except for what genre they are. For example, say we have a META with tournaments for Marvel vs Capcom 2, WarioWare, Goldeneye 007, QWOP, and Flappy Bird (these were just the first games that popped into my head, most will not be played at META.) At first, they will be named, A Fighting Game, A Party Game, A FPS, An Indie Game, Miscellaneous. These are as vague as they get, so get ready for anything!

You can then enter into the tournament, like any other tourney, however, you can only join one tournament per year. There will be various rules for entry, depending on the game/genre/tourney. For example, I thought up this idea for a MUGEN tournament, where every participant would have to find their own (balanced) character and send us a download link of the character (and possibly a stage) so we can determine if the character is balanced. A participant can only play as his/her picked character for the whole tournament. Once all participants have been chosen, we put all the characters and stages into a MUGEN game and use that for the tournament! Maybe we could even release versions of our "META MUGEN" to the public!

So what do you think? Would you go see this tournament? What games would you like to see? Please say in the comments below!

P.S. This tourney would likely be for more fun then competition. There will still be prizes though! :)

Top Bottom