• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible to recover from Ganondorf's flame choke just before being slammed to the ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692
So there's a tip that's always been bothering me in the game and it is this one. So far I know once ganondorf grabs you with this you can't escape. However a tip in the game says it is possible. Does anyone know how to recover from it or what this tip is meaning? It will truly be helpful to me since I have a friend who is very very good with Dorfie and most of his combos come from this attack.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
It's not a garunteed escape if you tech, a good ganondorf will anticipate you doing that and continue hitting you anyway. If they read wrong though then it's fine and you're free.

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692
It's not a garunteed escape if you tech, a good ganondorf will anticipate you doing that and continue hitting you anyway. If they read wrong though then it's fine and you're free.
indeed, I've teched and it doesn't work :/ only megaman can rush cancel dorfie's flame choke.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
indeed, I've teched and it doesn't work :/ only megaman can rush cancel dorfie's flame choke.
You can definitely tech it with L or R as soon as you're slammed to the ground, or just press A upon hitting the ground to *attempt* to attack him out if. I say *attempt* because I did that twice thinking it was a guaranteed option out of it against a good Ganon and I got a dair to the face (my reaction was priceless lol). So yeah, mix it up every now and then.

S2

Smash Lord
The tip is referring to your ability to tech left or right, since new players don't realize he's not supposed to get a free down-tilt after it. You still take the damage either way.

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
The tip is referring to your ability to tech left or right, since new players don't realize he's not supposed to get a free down-tilt after it. You still take the damage either way.
With some characters, even if they teched away from Ganon they'd still eat the d-tilt.

Honestly I kind of wish you couldn't tech the move. Maybe don't make d-tilt guaranteed at high % and it still gives the defending player 4 options OTG: Roll left/right, attack, or stand. 4 options is a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom