• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible to bring back the 2nd portion of Castle Siege?

Mr. Mistress

Smash Rookie
Castle Siege was one of the my more favorable stages in vanilla Brawl, and while I'm not mad that the 2nd portion is gone, I do miss it and want to bring it back. Yes, I am aware it was skipped via coding, which leads me to the question:

Is it possible to safely remove the code that does the skipping? If yes, then I would really appreciate an explanation on how to do so, because I don't know how to modify code. If not, then it's fine. I'll make due without the 2nd portion if I have to.

Any and all responses are greatly appreciated. :bee:

Mr. Mistress

Smash Rookie
Guess I'll just ask again. Can anyone tell me...

-What's the code that skips the 2nd portion of Castle Siege?
-How to access it
-If it's possible to safely remove it?

geno

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it skipped the 2nd phase in 2.1 did it? You could always just grab the stage from a 2.1 download and put it over your 2.5b file one. I think?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
It is not possible to have the stage go through the second portion without editing the codeset. The change we did is only partly done in the rel file. The part that skips it is in the codeset.

Mr. Mistress

Smash Rookie
And the codeset is private, meaning that I can't edit it... Guess that means no 2nd phase.

(I have the hackless build, btw).

Top Bottom