• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible suggestions for Mario in the next smash game!

PKNintendo

Smash Master
So i've been playing alot of Mario games recently and I've thought of a few things that would do Mario some justice in the next smash game!

1. Glide. Yes you heard me, the glide. Not only would it move Mario's recovery to stellar level, but it would incredibly cool. Essentially, it's animation is the cape appearing on Mario's back so he can glide with it.

2. Hover Nozzle. Mario can use fludd in the air to hover for a while. Mario has juggernaut frames during this (see Snake's Up B)

What do you guys think?

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
ok those are some nice ideas but....

1. Glide won't happen i think its gay to have glide on Mario. basically only those with wings can glide i think they would keep it like that.

2. Hover nozzle does seem like it would work but the super armor frames (juggernaut frames) on the move won't work. even without the super armor frames they still wouldn't put it in. the water that comes out of the nozzle would go down and probably push others away or cause a semi spike. That would make Mario's gimp game almost unbeatable. completely unbalanced.

Matt07

Smash Master
Well, then he better make Metaknight better, and he can make DDD have the infinite! Oh, hopefully he can make Link have a decent recovery, holy God, 3 games, the same three mistakes with Link. Maybe 3rd time is the charm.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Well, then he better make Metaknight better, and he can make DDD have the infinite! Oh, hopefully he can make Link have a decent recovery, holy God, 3 games, the same three mistakes with Link. Maybe 3rd time is the charm.
What the heck are you talking about?

Matt07

Smash Master
I dunno lol Oblique was talking about how stuff would be broken if Mario had that, so I was just kinda...'exageratting' about how they would balance the game.

It's okay Pk, like Mario is supposed to be the mid character remember? With that kind of recovery he'd be good, but he can't be good because he's like the 'medoicre' everything guy. Gliding seems like a cool add, but hmm...it doesn't really suit Mario, and I would love to see all applications of the FLUUD in the game, it'd be pretty sweet.

Top Bottom