• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible soultion(s) for our WiFi troubles PLEASE READ

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
Notice in the title I putted soultion instead of solution. That is becuase this problem affects our souls as players. I know this is about WiFi but I will also include out-of-the-subject suggestions because my idea covers them.

The idea itself is simple. My idea is to remake SSBB into an special edition and publish it through WiiWare (Super Smash Bros. Brawl Special Edition or SSBBSE). Now why should I come up with this idea? to cover the mistakes that the game has like WiFi lag, limited choices of game modes through With Anyone mode, and much more.

First, we have the main point which is how in the world is Nintendo going to fix the WiFi errors in SSBB. I thought of some solutions for this.

1. HEADSET (seriously, there is a headset for the DS but not for Wii. Maybe Nintendo would be so nice to let the players interact with each other while playing online).

2. Remake the WiFi menu in Brawl with more options specially in the With Anyone option. Nintendo could activate the many other forms of playing the With Anyone option by dividing the players out based on what items they want to use, if it is a Time battle, if it is a Coin battle, Stock battle, no items, 1 vs 1, free for all, 3 vs 1, and so on.

3. Opening a channel specially for SSBB. Like Mario Kart Wii, it could collect ghost data, do tourneys online, competing to archieve a world record, and much more.

4. Pay-to-play system. This rare system which nobody knows about yet can be used to:

Eliminate lag for good by encaincing the Wifi system
Download ghost data for the Smash Bros. channel
Competing to break a world or national record using the Smash Bros. channel

Next, we have some players complaining about some characters not being included in SSBB. I calculated how many more characters can fit in with the current roster per row(One character per row). I personaly selected the characters that I THINK will fit in with the other 35 (39 with Sheik, Squirtle, Ivisaur, Charizard, and Zero Suit Samus; counting out Pokemon Trainer) characters currently in the game.

1. Dry Bowser or Bowser Jr.
Place in roster: Below Bowser
Reason: Since Bowser is the only villain from the Super Mario series, there must be more representation from the villain side of the Mario series.

2. Birdo
Place in roster: Below Yoshi and above Wario
Reason: Birdo has been with Yoshi as a partner for a long time. Also Birdo was an enemy in one of the Super Mario titles. Another reason is that in SSBB, Birdo appeared as a special trophy.

3. Toon Zelda/Tetra (or Toon Sheik)
Place in roster: below Toon Link
Reason: When SSBB was hacked, hackers found information that Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik was going to be a playable character. This is an assumption however, because of the lack of evidence.

4. Captain N
Place in order: Below R.O.B.
Reason: Captain was the most unexpected character to come to my mind. It was a tough desicion because if I were to choose a charater from any other of the main series (Zelda series for example) then it would look out of place. Also, the Japanese do not know or may know from what series is Captain N from. Captain N started the whole idea of crossover characters in one place (like Mario fighting with Link for example).

5. Louie
Place in order: Below Olimar
Reason: Louie appeared as just atrophy in SSBB. He has proven himself worthy to be a character by winning the love of many gamers. He can be even different than Olimar in unique ways.

6. Krystal
Place in order: Below Falco or below Wolf
Reason: Krystal does not have a problem when finding an unique moveset. Nintendo can use moves from Star Fox Adventures. This saves some time for creators to create a moveset. She can also help increase the number of female fighters in SSBB.

7. Mewtwo
Place in order: below Jigglypuff
Reason: Mewtwo was meant to appear as a character in SSBB. Hackers discovered vital information about this when they hacked the game. They discovered that Mewtwo had some information o becoming a character but removed for uknown reasons. He even had his sound that is produced when you choose him as a character.

8. Black Knight/Zelgius or Roy
Place in order: Below Ike
Reason for the Black Knight/Zelgius to be in: The Black Knight, the archnemesis of Ike during FE9 and FE10, has some strong points. His trophy is in SSBB and his theme music as well. This is a pretty solid and self-explanatory reason of why should he be in.

Reason for Roy being in: Hackers found information about Roy in SSBB. However is not sure if it was Roy from FE or Roy the commander of Snake. Still, he appears as a sticker in SSBB and his theme music appears as well.

9. Mii
Place in order: Below Sonic or below Mr. Game and Watch
Reason: The Mii should be in if SSBB were to take advantage of the Wii's technology. The Mii is the symbol that you own a Wii. Your Mii appears as an icon for your Brawl profile online. Music that is related to Miis appears in SSBB.

Once again, this is off-topic but I wanted to provide specific information.
Nintendo does not have the necesity of having 9 more characters to add up with the other 35 characters but I wanted the approximate max of additional characters. Once again, this list I made it from my personal point of view and me analyzing this topic. If you dont like this list, then make another one with logicall reasoning.

As for stages I leave that up to you if you want to include some or not. If you do, then think logically about it, balance it out with the facts, and name it. Please dont say that "this stage should be in because it is so cool". You have to think deeply about the facts. The same goes for items.

CLOSING COMMENTS

SSBBSE is an idea that I got to basically improve some of the faults that we have with the game. Although the game is great as it is the fact that the WiFi modes are disappointing aproves this idea.

If this were to be in progress of making now, I would suggest to be published through WiiWare where Nintendo can take as much time as it needs to create a channel, remake the WiFi option, and include the bonus features mentioned above. The price should be between 30 to 50 dollars so that it is fair. This game would be basically the same as SSBB but with additional and enhanced features. Nintedno doesnt really need to add anything but the enhanced WiFi but if it want to receive a good rating and sales than I would suggest it.

I hope that you enjoyed this idea. It took me some time to write and to analyze it. Please comment. I really appreceate that you read the whole thing.

Azgner

Smash Apprentice
I'ts an nice idea, but maybe you could buy it for a cheaper price if you already own the game. Wiiware would be nice for me, as the games tend to get 3 times more expensive in my country, all thanks to the taxes. But I still think that nintendo will hardly do that.
And btw, you should add somebody from the sonic and metal gear universe at the rooster. I know it's third party characters, but well, would be awesome to see liquid/The boss and Knuckles/Tails in the game

Overlord5

Smash Rookie
Some where beneath a cardboard box over the rainbo
woah thats allot of words very good points indeed though do you really think Nintendo will do anything about the online mode's current degraded state not that I want to say its stupid its a good addition just a poorly executed one Mario Kart's online rocks so I suppose Nintendo may have learned their lesson who knows

...... Azgner stole my avatar lol

Azgner

Smash Apprentice
woah thats allot of words very good points indeed though do you really think Nintendo will do anything about the online mode's current degraded state not that I want to say its stupid its a good addition just a poorly executed one Mario Kart's online rocks so I suppose Nintendo may have learned their lesson who knows

...... Azgner stole my avatar lol
nah, i'm just using this one for a little time until one i like more is available.

Regarding the Smash bros wifi, maybe after european release something will be done. probably wont, but well, keeping your hopes high wont hurt.

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
Well this is a GREAT idea, and if Nintendo really cared about us :( They would do this.

It all makes so much since, the WiiWare to the new people. Geat Thread.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Good ideas. Sadly, I doubt they will ever come to pass.

I wish intelligent people worked at nintendo.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
I'ts an nice idea, but maybe you could buy it for a cheaper price if you already own the game. Wiiware would be nice for me, as the games tend to get 3 times more expensive in my country, all thanks to the taxes. But I still think that nintendo will hardly do that.
And btw, you should add somebody from the sonic and metal gear universe at the rooster. I know it's third party characters, but well, would be awesome to see liquid/The boss and Knuckles/Tails in the game
Dude that sucks. In my country is the same way. Taxes make people's lives impossible. That is one of the reasons of why I got out and when to the US. But still I want to go back. As for the price, regulating it with the price could be a bit of a hustle. The price could be $15 (1500 Wii Points) instead of $30 to $50 (3000 to 5000 Wii points).

Rebellion

Smash Rookie
I don't like the P2P idea. They can't really eliminate lag, as it's the connection between the players causing it. Furthermore, the people who lag the most will go with the P2P plan, making the P2P plan more potentially laggy.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
No Roy?

Failure man :/
Read my choice for number 8. It could be great possibility that Roy should appear in this project if it were to be made. But that would left out the Black Knight as a possible character as well. Is a double edge sword. If you choose one, the other does not appears.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
I don't like the P2P idea. They can't really eliminate lag, as it's the connection between the players causing it. Furthermore, the people who lag the most will go with the P2P plan, making the P2P plan more potentially laggy.
Good point. I think I got the solution to that. By using the Smash Bros. channel, Nintendo can post news about the current status of both Wifi connection and P2P. Also, look at the other internet servers from other consoles like the Xbox Live and the PSX. They charge people money to fix up the problems that their online servers may or are encountering (meaning elimination of lag in other words). I forgot to add that this project could include both Wifi and P2P.

Top Bottom