• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

possible shield bomb technique

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Yea, it's a combo of Gernade Cooking and the fact taht snake drops his gernades with his shield. It's a good tactic if someone wants to get close and quite commonly used.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
1) It's spelled "Grenades". Sorry, I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi.

2) What Jeff said. To cook grenades, you pull the pin, wait a little bit, and estimate the time the grenade will detonate. You want to have that grenade in proximity of the other guy when it goes boom. Or, if you shield while holding a grenade, you drop it, and whoever/whatever hits the grenade will set it off.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Offtopic, but you scold me for misspelling Grenade but not catching "taht?" xD

On topic, I think my only question is if the gRenade damages your shield if you do the shield drop?

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
No. I doubt it. But even if it did, the damage to the shield would be so minuscule, it wouldn't even matter.

tsl

Smash Apprentice
This was discovered a little while ago. It's essentially a "grenade counter." We really need to get the "advanced techniques" thread updated with some Snake tactics. -.-

Top Bottom