• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Ruleset For Possible Tourneys?

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
So I'm thinking about hosting some online tournaments for the 3DS, and I was wondering what you guys think of the stagelist/ruleset that I'm thinking of:

STAGELIST:

NEUTRALS:
-Final Destination//Ω Stages that have Final Destination-style walls (these include Battlefield, 3D Land, Rainbow Road, Jungle Japes, Spirit Train, Brinstar, Corneria, Prism Tower, Magicant, Flat Zone 2, Arena Ferox, and Gaur Plain).
-Battlefield
-Yoshi's Island
-Tomodachi Life
-Ω Stages that have Yoshi's Island-style walls (these include Golden Plains, Paper Mario, Mushroomy Kingdom, Gerudo Valley, Yoshi's Island, Dream Land, Unova Pokemon League, Reset Bomb Forest, Warioware Inc., Distant Planet, Tortimer Island, Boxing Ring, Balloon Fight, Living Room, Find Mii, Tomodachi Life, PictoChat 2, and Green Hill Zone).

COUNTERPICKS:
-Prism Tower
-Reset Bomb Forest
-Arena Ferox

POTENTIALS IN THE FUTURE:
-Jungle Japes
-Gaur Plain
-Mute City

RULES:
1) No items.
2) Sets will be 2 stock, 6 minute matches, and best 2-out-of-3 sets, except for Finals, which will be best 3-out-of-5 sets.

3) Whoever strikes first will be determined by rock-paper-scissors (for IRL tournaments) or Game and Watch hammer-offs (for online tournaments).
2a) Players can gentleman to any other strike-deciding system.
2b) Players can also gentleman to any other stage they both agree upon.
2c) If players elect to go to either Neutral 1 or Neutral 5 (the FD stages with FD walls and the FD Stages with Yoshi's Island walls), the person who chose that stage chooses which Omega stage to go to.
4) The loser of each game will be able to strike 2 stages from the Neutral/Counterpick stagelist.
4a) MDSR is in effect.

Just to explain, my mentality for splitting the Omega stages into two sections is that characters that can wall jump have an easier time doing so on stages with Yoshi's Island walls. Therefore, I've decided to split them into two seperate neutrals.

So, what do you guys think? Also, if I were to host an online tournament with these rules, what would you guys think? Would you do it?

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Not to be that guy, but there's already multiple threads for this, including stage legality.

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Is there? My bad. I'll make a post there too, if I can find one that fits.

Top Bottom