• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Pokemon Colosseum Representation!

Jesus Freak Nor

Smash Cadet
Ok, I noticed this as soon as I saw the below picture on BC the other day. I don't know if it has been mentioned, but I kept forgetting to mention it.

It is quite clear that Squirtle and PT are standing in Pyrite Town from Pokemon Colosseum and XD.

I haven't been able to find a good picture of Pyrite Town from the other games as of yet.

If this is Pyrite, then maybe someone like Mirror B could get in as an AT. That would be weird.

Anyway, thanks for your time and have a blessed night.

121DL3Y

Smash Cadet
yeah it actually does look alot like pyrite town, didn't notice. That'd be sweet if mirror B was a boss...hahaha DISCO POKEMON

Blackadder

Smash Master
Hey, cool.
I never even thought of a Pokemon Colosseum stage in Brawl.

Looks neat! I'm up for it.

NGamer92

Smash Rookie
Maybe so maybe not....
It's too blury to tell, but from my guess it's probally not a stage to battle on but a SE stage

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ok, I noticed this as soon as I saw the below picture on BC the other day. I don't know if it has been mentioned, but I kept forgetting to mention it.

It is quite clear that Squirtle and PT are standing in Pyrite Town from Pokemon Colosseum and XD.

I haven't been able to find a good picture of Pyrite Town from the other games as of yet.

If this is Pyrite, then maybe someone like Mirror B could get in as an AT. That would be weird.

Anyway, thanks for your time and have a blessed night.
yay Pyrite town!

lol Mirror B. At ftw!

- Comes out of the AT, and your foes are stricken with disco fever!

@ RedMage8BT

Collosseum wasnt THAT bad, but it was very..different. XD also had Pyrite town, and XD was fantastic imo.

Jesus Freak Nor

Smash Cadet
PC was an OKAY game...XD was a little better. But, still Mirror B would be cool as a Boss or AT as has been said before.

Jesus Freak Nor

Smash Cadet
XD was better. It had a lot more detail, there were a lot more Shadow moves and Shadow Pokemon. You could also catch some non-shadow guys in the wild and you get to choose which Eeveelution you want at the beggining.

What a shock...I have this same thread on GameFAQs, it got a few posts...but is now dying. GameFAQs moves too fast because of Fads and Joke Topics. Smash Boards and BC are SO much better.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
XD was better. It had a lot more detail, there were a lot more Shadow moves and Shadow Pokemon. You could also catch some non-shadow guys in the wild and you get to choose which Eeveelution you want at the beggining.

What a shock...I have this same thread on GameFAQs, it got a few posts...but is now dying. GameFAQs moves too fast because of Fads and Joke Topics. Smash Boards and BC are SO much better.

I loved the eeveelution thing, and I also loved the "catch 6 pokemon of different types and create your team" thing when you get to the first shadow lab.

I leveled that baltoy up so much. My Claydol at the end was a beast.

Jesus Freak Nor

Smash Cadet
I loved the eeveelution thing, and I also loved the "catch 6 pokemon of different types and create your team" thing when you get to the first shadow lab.

I leveled that baltoy up so much. My Claydol at the end was a beast.
lol. Yup...I have never beaten the game. I let a friend borrow it and haven't gotten it back to finish it yet. Not that I have the time anyway.

Anyway, what other Colosseum or XD representation could be in.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
lol. Yup...I have never beaten the game. I let a friend borrow it and haven't gotten it back to finish it yet. Not that I have the time anyway.

Anyway, what other Colosseum or XD representation could be in.

I think I played for like a week and was able to beat it. The last boss was a pain in the ***... 6 shadow pokemon, having to catch them all and not kill them.... O.o

Jesus Freak Nor

Smash Cadet
Ooh, that sounds like fun. lol.

Ooh, it would be cool if Pokemon could sometimes come out of there Pokeballs shiny or shadow. Their moves would be slightly different. That could be interesting.

Edit: Well, I am off to bed. It is about a quarter after 3am here. I will talk with you all in the morning. I can't wait until the Japanese release of the game when we get ALL of the info. :psycho:

S2

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong, Colosseum was far from the worst game in the world... but it was also far from the best. I never played XD.
For having not played it, you pretty much nailed it.

Both Colosseum and XD were mediocre. They weren't bad games. But they weren't up to the standards of the Gameboy games.

That's sad. A Gamecube RPG should not be worse than the 8-bit original. Oh well. Maybe Nintendo will one day give us a real pokemon game on console. XD still just felt like a spin-off with weak mechanics (No catching wild pokemon WTF? Laying food out didn't count).

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
forgot about that game...
I hope they have a pokemon assist trophy.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I doubt this means much, I mean, remember there were videos like the melee intro that had nothing to do with stages on the game. Guess there is definitely possibility though.

Basically, I am just thinking if it's SSE it could be no more than a cutscene, or maybe a stage only available in that mode (not a normal stage).

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I love pokemon but Colosseum 1 and 2 were horrible. I don't see anyone seriously playing that game. I know i only played it for Lugia and Ho-oh and the Johto Starters. The last great pokemon spin off was Pokemon Snap. I love that game. Now thats some thing that deserves representation. Hell I hope it gets a level and like 6 AT's

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman

You can easily see the bridge and the battle dome in the SSE picture. It's a bizzare choice, for sure, but one that'll really be interesting. :)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You my fine sir have the best eye i've ever known
good job on spotting that :D

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
I'd honestly rather have a place from Kanto or another region from the handheld games in SSE, but if there isn't a place from the handheld games, they really are too lazy to make a Pokemon area from a 2D game. But this looks like it'll be interesting, but please no Mirror B.

Mega Inkydog

Smash Journeyman
Colosseum is very underrted game. It might be nowhere nearly as good the GB games but that does not mean it should be treated as Heroes of the Lance.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Hmmm

I wonder what Red(aka the trainer from Red/Blue) would do in Orre, a region where no wild Pokemon live...

Then again this is smash and Zamus is teamed with Pikachu so, would be nice if it had pyrite town music.

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
Wow well done spotting that. It is quite a surprising choice. This gives me hope that there will be an actual stage (rather than an SSE one) based on an actual location from the main games. Pokemon Stadium and Poke Floats were fun, but Melee missed the boat on that one, I think.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Wow well done spotting that. It is quite a surprising choice. This gives me hope that there will be an actual stage (rather than an SSE one) based on an actual location from the main games. Pokemon Stadium and Poke Floats were fun, but Melee missed the boat on that one, I think.
Pyrite town as a stage? That would be nice.

Bursting_Rythem

Smash Cadet
Good. Colosseum is at the top of my favoret Pokemon games, so seeing it in the Creme dela creme of Nintendo action makes me happy.

Now the bigger question would be, not why Pokemon Trainer is there, but why his adventual partner would be.

Jesus Freak Nor

Smash Cadet

You can easily see the bridge and the battle dome in the SSE picture. It's a bizzare choice, for sure, but one that'll really be interesting. :)
Thank you for posting that. I was having trouble finding a good pic. lol, that's why...I see the url. You went to Serebii's XD Page...I went to the Colosseum page. lol.

I doubt this means much, I mean, remember there were videos like the melee intro that had nothing to do with stages on the game. Guess there is definitely possibility though.

Basically, I am just thinking if it's SSE it could be no more than a cutscene, or maybe a stage only available in that mode (not a normal stage).
True, but still...it could be cool. Also, I was meaning as a stage in SSE...not Vs Mode.

Top Bottom