• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Old School Characters

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
Something the Smash series brought us was was a clash old school characters such as Mr. Game and Watch and Ice Climbers.

What old school characters do you think might appear in the Brawl game?

My guess goes for R.O.B. since he did recently appear in Mario Kart DS. And maybe Sheriff to be a clone type to Game and Watch.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
Diddy Kong, if he's "old school" enough, ought to appear. Along with some of the crew from Starfox 64.

And if we're real lucky, Banjo and Kazooie will appear [/silly sarcasm]

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Bomberman, since he first appeared on a Nintendo system. Also, doesn't Frogger belong to Nintendo, or is he someone else's?

DarkCobra

Smash Ace
LOL the old FF games r too good and they actually started out on Nintendo, so I think at least one character should come out of the original FF games.

Alpo

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't matter if a game started out on Nintendo. A 3rd party company is a 3rd party company and they'd have to buy (err, rent?) the rights off of the other company.

I believe Snake will be an exception since his creator practically begged. The only other possible 3rd party scenarios I can possibly imagine are Sonic (only if Smashlabs caves to overwhelming demand) or Hudson characters (such as Bomberman) since they let Nintendo use their games for the virtual console.

Back on topic, we already have one old school character added (Pit). If they can make Game & Watch a character, just about any Nintendo made character can seem plausible.

burrito

Smash Lord
Alpo said:
I believe Snake will be an exception since his creator practically begged. The only other possible 3rd party scenarios I can possibly imagine are Sonic (only if Smashlabs caves to overwhelming demand) or Hudson characters (such as Bomberman) since they let Nintendo use their games for the virtual console.
Actually, in an interview they said that they were in talks with other companies to include more characters.

LITTLE MAC. THIS GAME NEEDS LITTLE MAC. HE IS JUST PERFECT FOR IT.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
How many topics are we going to have regarding this? I already created one days ago called, "Classic and Third Party heroes."

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Bomberman, without a doubt. Hes a perfect canidate. Hes has all the moves, background, and is friggin awesome.

B-O-M-B-E-R-M-A-N-!-!-!

Top Bottom