• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible New Usage of YYG (Very High Knockback At 0%)

Vesne

Smash Cadet
I have been spending a lot of time messing around with the YYG looking for new ways to use it and looking for new jackets or other extensions of the glitch. One interesting thing I found that I haven't seen anyone talk about or using the YYG then doing a dash attack. Normally Ness's dash attack doesn't send people anywhere because it has a follow up hit that just barely pops them up. Since you only drag out one hitbox when you use YYG it gets the strong hit that pushes people back pretty far, something like 2.5x a shine spike at least. Here is a gfycat of three different examples of it. http://gfycat.com/ShockedThinAmphibian

All it requires is to end up with a yoyo hitbox somewhat near the edge, then place yourself so the opponent is in between yourself and the dropped hitbox, then simply do a dash attack (just don't do it so close to the opponent they get hit by the followup hitbox of your dash attack). I know a few ways to get the hitbox placed near the edge, simply get hella lucky and activate the YYG near the ledge, or you can activate the thunder jacket, then use the thunder yoyo on them near the ledge, likely killing them and dropping a new yoyo hitbox near the ledge. Also another great way is to utilize Randall or even Whispy/Windmill on Stadium to push you off into the air while doing a up-smash or down-smash with the yoyo hitbox already dropped somewhere on the map.

This knocks the opponent pretty far and if they react poorly they will either fail to recover or set up for an edgeguard. This isn't crazy useful or practical but, it definitely can be used in a real match one way or another to give you just another tool for Ness to succeed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom