• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible New Universal Tech (metagame)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sekaru

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sekaru-dono
3DS FC
4527-9345-1541
Hey all Fog here,

So today I discovered an odd tech while goofing around in training mode. Unfortunately I cannot provide video (I don't know how lol) but if anyone could try it and post it that would be greatly appreciated. this tech could potentially be used to overcome the buffer dashing creates (i.e the effect of when you get a dash attack even though your dash is finished).

The tech itself: Its very simple essentially its like a Light Foxtrot, instead of going dash - dash you go. Dash - very lightly inputed dash. it creates an odd animation I've never seen in play of you starting a dash then immediately stopping with a very short skid (maybe 3 frames) it doesnt seem to work based on skid duration either after testing with megaman/roy/ryu. it seems to be pretty universal in its application. you can get pretty much anything out of dash this way without having to powershield and it could provide ample mind games since the length is roughly half the chars dash length.

I'm not sure if this is new information or a secret to anyone but me but I figured I'd post it here so we could all test it and see together.

If this is a new tech I'd like to call it either Fogtrot (since puns are awesome) or the logical name of light foxtrot.

Sekaru

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sekaru-dono
3DS FC
4527-9345-1541
After a bit more testing it seems like the light input makes you skip to the end frames of your normal full dash duration (like when you run for a long time and let go). definetly looking for more input on this

*edit 1* it Also seems that you dont even have to wait for the skid animation to stop. the single act of the light direction input immediately cuts off the dash buffer it would seem.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I noted this a little while ago as the manual way to do the bidou variation of this tech. http://smashboards.com/threads/link...-found-in-the-op.379659/page-43#post-21138048 (note that there's a video demonstration of it in the quote)
I personally don't believe it has any application for Link simply because his walk speed is by comparison really good, but I'm sure that other characters could get some use out of it.
(Also I think it's safe to assume that some people knew about it.)

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious
I noted this a little while ago as the manual way to do the bidou variation of this tech. http://smashboards.com/threads/link...-found-in-the-op.379659/page-43#post-21138048 (note that there's a video demonstration of it in the quote)
I personally don't believe it has any application for Link simply because his walk speed is by comparison really good, but I'm sure that other characters could get some use out of it.
(Also I think it's safe to assume that some people knew about it.)
It always brings a tear to my heart when I see you mention Link outside of the Link board Foxy <3.

Also Fog is of the same scene as me so I did not stalk you here haha...

Azneli

Smash Cadet
NNID
Azneli
Does doing this do a dashing animation but at a slower speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom