• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible new movement tech?

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
So, I found another video by Zan, the same guy who initially posted a video about the lagless ledge getup, which could prove useful for Sheik mains. Just for the record, this is apparently a tech that was also in brawl, so there's likely a wealth of information about it already. This thread is more or less just to pose the question of whether Sheik can use it. I can't personally test it because I'm complete garbage at shield dropping.

For those of you who can't see youtube (I think someone on the boards has that problem?) a diddy kong player starts charging his peanut popgun on a platform, and then immediately drops down and does a fair, without launching the peanut. This immediately brings questions for Sheik movement tech. Buffering needles to platform drop likely gives us a huge amount of movement options with needles, if not just for mindgames. Combining this tech with needle fidgeting would be freaking insane.

TCL | Harp & Dagger

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCorndogLover
3DS FC
1075-0799-6110
If this works with needles, this could be like needle gliding 2.0 (through platforms at least). Obviously a lot harder to preform, but it seems similar to INC. Definitely can see some uses out of it however.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
So without viewing the video (used all my data for this month...), is this essentially cancelling needle charge into a shield drop?

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I doubt Sheik would be able to use this as well as Diddy or any other character with a chargeable Neutral B, since Sheik is the only character that doesn't bring her shield up immediately.

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
So without viewing the video (used all my data for this month...), is this essentially cancelling needle charge into a shield drop?
Haha! I knew explaining the video would help someone! Anyways, yeah, that's the basic premise. This could allow use to B-reverse needles onto a platform and immediately drop down fair.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Haha! I knew explaining the video would help someone! Anyways, yeah, that's the basic premise. This could allow use to B-reverse needles onto a platform and immediately drop down fair.
Describing a video will always help someone :^p

When posting a video it helps tremendously to post some text that could elicit a conversation for someone as though they couldn't see the video. Not only does it help those who are having video playback issues but also can help the conversation along for those who can watch the video. Pro tip.

SlurpySloth

Smash Apprentice
I doubt Sheik would be able to use this as well as Diddy or any other character with a chargeable Neutral B, since Sheik is the only character that doesn't bring her shield up immediately.
Yet at the same time, if you just normally cancel her needles, (by lightly tapping R) you could act out of it almost just as fast, without having to do an impossible shield drop.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
I don't think we should just be shrugging this one off. While the tech isn't new, the application sure is, and it's never been used before.
Sheik's need to try and get this to work.
We iz godlike.

SlurpySloth

Smash Apprentice
I don't think we should just be shrugging this one off. While the tech isn't new, the application sure is, and it's never been used before.
Sheik's need to try and get this to work.
We iz godlike.
I've just found that if you fidget right before you hit the platform you can immediately drop through and double jump or what have you.

Top Bottom