• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible kill combo for Charizard

washy

Smash Apprentice
Ok the reason i made a whole thread for this was because i feel like i did the most amazing thing and i want some one to help me recreate it.

Ok to start out with the conditions
  • it was on yoshi's island(ssbb)
  • tiny bit of lag, smallest amount possible
  • I think charizard was fatigued by then, hope it doesn't affect combo
  • facing metaknight
  • GC controller

To start, i was charizard and i had just grabbed the ledge, i think i pressed A to get up but anyways once i did i immediately did a Dair, and followed up immediately with his UpB, IT LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE Falco's dash attack>Usmash combo:chuckle:. Metaknight was instantly killed by the attack. So, i think i somehow managed to somehow do a Dair cancel and followed with UpB so fast, UpB hit metaknight before he got launched into the air from Dair. I wish i had recorded it so i could show some one. I tried doing it again on computers but it didn't work so if some one could figure it out or tell me its just a wifi glitch that would be great.

washy

Smash Apprentice
Try getting a clip of it, that way we can tell.
I know thats why i'm asking for help, i cant redo it and i forgot to record the match because of the start button mashing. Is the wording i used up there confusing and should i change it?

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
You sure you didn't just press jump when you were on the ledge, D air then auto cancel to Up B?

washy

Smash Apprentice
You sure you didn't just press jump when you were on the ledge, D air then auto cancel to Up B?
Now that i think about it, maybe i accidentally pressed up, but i pressed A after and since i was in the air, on a subconscious level, i pressed down on the control stick. It must have been an auto cancel because there was absolutely no start up lag for his UpB.

Dair launches people into the air?
When there on the ground yes, you play smash and you've never figured that out?

Oh and i still haven't been able to do it again yet.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
right now i'm almost entirely skeptical, charizard autocancelling his D-air? or did you D-air autocancel with N-air or B-air? also what % was MK at about?

washy

Smash Apprentice
MK was at 70-50%, i probably sound stupid but what is D-air canceling with his Nair or Bair?

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
If you full hop down air the landing lag is reduced drastically compared to short hopping it. Plus it still has enough reach to hit most characters.

infernovia

Smash Ace
Whenever I hear launch I think of a vertical knockback, not the bounce. Sorry about that.

Ok so two questions, did the animation cancel or was it completed before you up b?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, because we never experienced some of the details ourselves, we are somewhat skeptical, especially the auto-canceled Dair thing.

washy

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I hear launch I think of a vertical knockback, not the bounce. Sorry about that.

Ok so two questions, did the animation cancel or was it completed before you up b?
canceled, there was no lag animation after the dair

OK, because we never experienced some of the details ourselves, we are somewhat skeptical, especially the auto-canceled Dair thing.
It could've been the lag that made it look like that but i didn't think the wifi was that bad.

Top Bottom