• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible KD3 Bowsercide-esque technique?

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
So I was playing For Glory, and I realized some thing. When you get knocked off the edge of the stage, if you go up kinda close to the edge and use the neutral-B to suck them up as they will most likely be there like a good edgegaurder, then spit them out shortly after and Up-B to recover, the opponent is stuck and will fall provided they aren't Villager. This does work better on stages like Final Destination where it's sort of a triangle-y shape so the opponent can get stuck in there, but it works on rectangle stages too (like the Tomodachi Omega one)

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Yes, Regicide/Dededecide is a tactic that's been commonly used in Brawl as well.

With a stock lead, you can SD with your opponent to secure the KO.

Careful however, as it's easy to escape TripleD's inhale if you're at low %.

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
I haven't been successful in doing this. I also think it's really easy to recover from, at least compared to bowser's. Have you had a lot of luck? I think lil mac would be one of the few characters to have problems against this.

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
I always just fast-fall inhale if I'm a stock ahead and about to die. I haven't tried exhaling them so they get stuck below the platform-style Omega stages, though it seems like a much better option if you don't even have to suicide. Is the spit animation fast enough for it to be safe? Time to play around in training mode... :drohyou:

And Off-Topic:
I never really considered Bandana Dee as a possible character, but ever since I've seen you post around here you're actually getting me insanely hyped for the possibility of even having him in Smash. I used to be a huge Waddle Dee fan when I was 12-ish, to the point where I actually drew a (really bad) 40-page-ish comic in school about Waddle Dee and Pommy (some equally cute character from Bomberman). The way he played in the Wii Kirby game already had some great Smash Bros-like stuff in there, and it's silly enough to actually be a possibility. Would definitely be my new main if it ever happened.

Edit: Well waddya know, it is pretty safe. I can imagine it being even more effective if the opponent is also button bashing to escape the inhale instead of DI'ing/recovering properly. I'll have to give this some tries online.

Last edited:

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
Oh wait, spitting them out UNDER the stage actually sounds like a great idea.

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
Oh wait, spitting them out UNDER the stage actually sounds like a great idea.
Yeah unfortunately it won't work on all the Omega stages, but I can really see myself using this as a superior alternative to Regiciding when my opponent is at low%. The spit distance is like Half an Omega stage if the opponent doesn't DI against it (at least it seems that way in Training), which is ridiculously far off-stage.

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
I always just fast-fall inhale if I'm a stock ahead and about to die. I haven't tried exhaling them so they get stuck below the platform-style Omega stages, though it seems like a much better option if you don't even have to suicide. Is the spit animation fast enough for it to be safe? Time to play around in training mode... :drohyou:

And Off-Topic:
I never really considered Bandana Dee as a possible character, but ever since I've seen you post around here you're actually getting me insanely hyped for the possibility of even having him in Smash. I used to be a huge Waddle Dee fan when I was 12-ish, to the point where I actually drew a (really bad) 40-page-ish comic in school about Waddle Dee and Pommy (some equally cute character from Bomberman). The way he played in the Wii Kirby game already had some great Smash Bros-like stuff in there, and it's silly enough to actually be a possibility. Would definitely be my new main if it ever happened.

Edit: Well waddya know, it is pretty safe. I can imagine it being even more effective if the opponent is also button bashing to escape the inhale instead of DI'ing/recovering properly. I'll have to give this some tries online.
Multiple things to cover here:

Yeah, Dedede can Up-B out of it or just jump-spam to recover. But be careful with the Up-B...

Me? Like, only me? Wow, I'm honoured. You should join the Bandana Dee thread, we're always on the look for more supporters :estatic:

It works wonders on button-happy Macs and Falcons. I said this before, but Villager can literally fly under the stage to the other side with his up b so don't use it on a good Villager player

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
Woo I managed to do it on For Glory today :drflip:

Here's a replay, it's around the 1:00 mark:

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
Your video is set to private, bud.
I'm a genius... try again. :D The fight itself is nothing special, and you can see I'm really fishing for some neutral b shenannigans (I literally start the match with a neutral b, something I love to do against characters without a projectile as a sort of taunt), but at least it shows off the attack :)

Edit: Also I should really dash attack less on Dedede I'm noticing. I've been playing a lot of Palutena lately and her dash attack is just godlike (heh) and literally outtrades almost any move. Fully charged Samus beam? No problem I'll just nullify it and hit you with the rest of my dash attack afterwards.

Last edited:

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
You can do that against people with projectiles too. :p

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
You can do that against people with projectiles too. :p
My favorite thing at the start of a match is crouching if I start on the left side. Gotta be more creative starting on the right though. :drshrug:

Top Bottom