• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Fair Lock?

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
https://vine.co/v/OHbH9m1MuYF

Hello,

Have you guys experienced anything similar to this? When hitting Mario with fair as soon as he misses a tech and hits the ground it has an animation that is very similar to a locking animation that may lead to a forced get up. The Mario player doesn't get up because I jab too quickly so I can't be certain. I have replicated it in training and the cpu always stands right after but I don't have someone else here to test to see if other options are available. Could this be a possible fair lock to where you can follow up with anything?

Edit: It appears to be similar this little mac https://vine.co/v/OJFJQHlLtOb

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Probably better in the social, but interesting nonetheless with the possibility of fair locking people since our jab doesn't do the job.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Probably better in the social, but interesting nonetheless with the possibility of fair locking people since our jab doesn't do the job.
So unfortunate jab doesn't do the trick. Can't complain much though with how great it is otherwise.

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
Yup I had this happen a couple times. Unfortunately soft nair/jab does not keep them knocked down like in brawl. I'd guess your next option after the fair knockdown would be a Dsmash or Db for that damage.

EDIT: Here's an example of its use It's cool what you can set up after knocking an opponent from platform

Last edited:
Top Bottom