• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible DHD tech?

SuperDS64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDS64
3DS FC
1676-3810-3884
There are 2 variants (from what I can test) of the Clay Pigeon (side-b):

-Tilt: A throw that makes the disk fly higher, but not as far.
-Smash: A throw that makes the disk fly farther, but lower.

Now, if you use your Can (B) and then use your side-b smash right after, your disk should hit the can and have it fly upwards and make the disk slow down, allowing you to press B to repeatably shoot the can with the disk, delaying its decent. From what I can tell, it may be good for edge-guarding and another way of punishing approaches, even short hop.

Warning, you need to give the can 1/3 of a second to settle on the ground or else it won't fly up with the disk as it hits the can.

EDIT: Rereading, I kinda described this poorly. Essentially having the disk and can in front of you makes a nice "projectile wall", where you can detonate the disk any time and the can is primed by being in the air, and not a dud by being on the ground.

Last edited:

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I've done this a few times, admittedly on accident and it seems like when they hit they have a lot of knockback like this. Twice they killed before 100%

Have the replay recorded of one but forgot to show percents with the camera. Will redo if requested.

But I noticed this early. (like before the US release early) and tried it for edgeguarding and it's awful for it. Essentially you're going through all that trouble to put two hitboxes in the same exact place, just bigger/stronger but also stale and slow. You're generally better off taking the time to drop a can, gunmen from the ledge, and then using dog's body to chase where they go.

Might have some use on the stage, but it seems like all the situations you could make use of it you'd more consistently make use of the can or pigeon by themselves.

Last edited:

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it takes forever to set up and doesn't really cover an area large enough to warrant the set up time. I do it by accident sometimes though, but that really hinders me more than it benefits me usually.

Top Bottom