• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Constant Ranking System

So I was thinking if anyone could take the #1 MIOM spot from Hbox this year given they win basically every other event or if it was just too late for that. So after looking at things and theorizing for a while I decided to see if I could solve it mathematically. I took the results from tournaments listed as nationals on ssbwiki for the top 6 (minus pp of course) and plugged it into a setup ranking the tournaments performance based on attendees and top 6 attendance. I still have no idea if anyone can knock off Hbox this year, but I just wanted to post what I had to see what thoughts other people had on it as well as suggestions (for example I included set count but I don't know how to incorporate it).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-mMLzdFF7e6diEcsMn9rU_vnwWGR8oe0Lma6cclv54s/edit?usp=sharing

I don't doubt that a system similar to or better than this one exists (heck smashboard's is probably somewhat similar), but if there isn't then this could clear up a lot on a PR board's plate setting up a basis for their lists (or a TO's for seeding later into a season, after current lists are outdated) so I thought I'd post anyway.

Top Bottom