• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Chraracter Reveals

Status
Not open for further replies.

VideoGamer713

Smash Cadet
Well when I found out about the delay yesterday, I thought to myself that Sakurai could reveal four more veterans and possibly four more newcomers... Then as I watched the January 15, 2008 episode of X-Play they announced that one of the reasons for the delay was for all the numerous characters in the game, then I thought, YES, maybe he can reveal 4 more of each so... (these are what I want to see so are purely opinion)

4 more Veterans-
Sheik (confirmed)
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Falco

4 more Newcomers-
Ridley
Lucario
Megaman
Mii

What do you think, and who would you wanna see???

VideoGamer713

Smash Cadet
i agree with your assumptions and list completely :)
thanx:)!!!
they won't add miis. they better not, at least

how stupid do you have to be to want Mii's? :mad:
And to me it seems that one of Sakurai's goals based on what he has said and what he has added is that he wants to give this game unlimited replayability, and adding Miis would just give it more replayability, because you can play as anyone that you can create (or borrow from the Check Mii Out Channel, lol)in the Mii Channel on the Brawl game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno better be one of the "Numerous Characters" for having to wait another month after waiting 2 months or something...

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
with the delay, I would want more than 4 of each. my big ones I want to see that are realistic(newcomers) are megaman(X version preferably), ray01, ridley, and bowser Jr. but if we only see 4 more of each section, then i will be slightly dissapointed...

EON_MagicMan

Smash Cadet
I think that to believe that Mii (or Yuu?) is not going to be a character is naive.

This incarnation of Smash has been updated to represent some of the later popular franchises, such as Animal Crossing, Pikmin, and even WarioWare.

An unofficial mascot and among the most applauded aspects of the Wii, with several of his/her own games, it's a pretty safe bet to assume that the Mii is going to be a playable character.

I would be shocked if the Mii didn't make it in the game.

super-7

Smash Journeyman
they won't add miis. they better not, at least

how stupid do you have to be to want Mii's? :mad:
although the mii is stupid it gives everyone a chance to play as a character they created..
look at it this way since u think miis are stupid... what did u think of game and watch or pichu
when u saw them in melee.. if u dont like them just dont play as them

Dbsg

Smash Cadet
Could be true, read my latest thread about the letter i got from nintendo.

raul

Smash Lord
Well when I found out about the delay yesterday, I thought to myself that Sakurai could reveal four more veterans and possibly four more newcomers... Then as I watched the January 15, 2008 episode of X-Play they announced that one of the reasons for the delay was for all the numerous characters in the game, then I thought, YES, maybe he can reveal 4 more of each so... (these are what I want to see so are purely opinion)

4 more Veterans-
Sheik (confirmed)
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Falco

4 more Newcomers-
Ridley
Lucario
Megaman
Mii

Well, if they list you provided us your personal list, I have to slightly disagree. The veterans I expect, counting Sheik as one of them, are: Captain Falcon, Ness, and one of the secret characters from Melee that is moved into the veteran role, for example:

Secret Character of Melee (NO PICHU):
Luigi
JigglyPuff
Game and Watch
MewTwo
Marth
Roy
Falco
Ganondorf

And perhaps for the 4 newcomers: I agree with Lucario, but I'm really at a loss that any of these will be revealed on DOJO atleast. I'm basing my speculation as to te likeliness they may appear on dojo.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think that to believe that Mii (or Yuu?) is not going to be a character is naive.

This incarnation of Smash has been updated to represent some of the later popular franchises, such as Animal Crossing, Pikmin, and even WarioWare.

An unofficial mascot and among the most applauded aspects of the Wii, with several of his/her own games, it's a pretty safe bet to assume that the Mii is going to be a playable character.

I would be shocked if the Mii didn't make it in the game.
QFT

Some people like Miis. And Miis represent casual gaming on the Wii, something that's bringing a LOT of success to Nintendo.

They would be foolish by NOT including them.

If they do include them, however. My only wish is that they don't do what they did in Mario and Sonic. Meaning, the option to give your Mii a specific character's stats (and in this case, moveset). This would simply ruin WiFi.

PokemonLegacy

Smash Apprentice
I agree with your newcomer list completely. However (for your Veteran list) being the Poke-Fan I am, Scratch Ganondorf, add Mewtwo. Or G&W, just not Ganon...

EON_MagicMan

Smash Cadet
If they do include them, however. My only wish is that they don't do what they did in Mario and Sonic. Meaning, the option to give your Mii a specific character's stats (and in this case, moveset). This would simply ruin WiFi.
I agree completely. They should only be aesthetically customizable. Even if you could give them custom movesets (from a pool of moves), people would quickly find what the best movesets were and that would be all you would see, rendering customizable movesets redundant.

D00MofHyrule

Smash Cadet
This is a\EXACTLY what i thought the second i saw sheik on the character roster! 7 more Revelations!!!!

D00MofHyrule

Smash Cadet
with the delay, I would want more than 4 of each. my big ones I want to see that are realistic(newcomers) are megaman(X version preferably), ray01, ridley, and bowser Jr. but if we only see 4 more of each section, then i will be slightly dissapointed...
i'd shoot myself if megaman or any more sonic ppl were in this game

finalark

SNORLAX

4 more Veterans-
Sheik (confirmed)
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Luigi

4 more Newcomers-
Isaac
Lucario
Blaziken
Sora

Fixed, in my eyes at least.

Oh, and if you must you can flame me for not spelling "Blaziken" right, I'm not a big Pokemon fan anyway....

EDIT: Hey, my memory worked and I spelled it right.

D00MofHyrule

Smash Cadet
i just think that after the 50 megaman games that were completely unsuccessful everywhere in the world, that they would not add him.

and adding MORE pokemon to smash would also suck... ridley will probably be a boss, and ray o1 wouldn't be that bad considering how unique his moveset would be

D00MofHyrule

Smash Cadet
one more thing... if sora were to appear in brawl, i'd have to bomb japan cuz. first of all, we dont need disney disnying all over the floor, second, it would open up whole new possibilities like mickey mouse and donald duck and goofy and s*** like that...

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I would greatly support Miis. They should have their height and fatness customizable, but not movesets. They can balance it out that way. If you don't like Miis, don't play as them or make them a level 1 punching bag if you wish. But I think it'd be in Nintendo's best interest to include Miis as playable characters in Brawl.

D00MofHyrule

Smash Cadet
I would greatly support Miis. They should have their height and fatness customizable, but not movesets. They can balance it out that way. If you don't like Miis, don't play as them or make them a level 1 punching bag if you wish. But I think it'd be in Nintendo's best interest to include Miis as playable characters in Brawl.
if not characters, they should at least put them in. they deserve a place...

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
replace Mii with Krystal and you got yourself a deal! well Megaman isnt going to be updated! it would be a 1st party character

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
But...its..its a Mii!! A generic image used to represent yourself in a game, its not meant to be it's own character. Sure, they were in their own game, but they wre only meant to represent YOU, making YOu the main character of the game. They themselves dont truly represent a franchise, they are merely a method of making your wii experience more personal.

I dislike Miis, honestly, and since this is a game for video game icons to battle it out, I dont feel a generic representation of yoursel deserves to battle it out with the likes of Mario or Olimar.

My 2 bits.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Geno or Megaman to be updated shortly or soon.
Some 3rd party character, to ease the impact of the delay for the fans; kind of like what he did for Sonic.

1000 post. : )

D00MofHyrule

Smash Cadet
Geno or Megaman to be updated shortly or soon.
Some 3rd party character, to ease the impact of the delay for the fans; kind of like what he did for Sonic.

1000 post. : )
jesus christ wtf is wit u ppl and megaman hes like a clone of samus. HE WOULD SUCK. but geno is cool but unlikely

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
jesus christ wtf is wit u ppl and megaman hes like a clone of samus. HE WOULD SUCK. but geno is cool but unlikely
"Clone of Samus" has been totally shot down dude, he wouldnt be a clone of Samu,s and Im not even a Megaman supporter.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Hmm.. I would want Mr. Game and Watch, Marth, Jigglypuff and Ness reconfirmed. Well.. I guess that's one too many with Sheik. Whatever.. I think the other vets you mentioned are more obvious ones. I'd rather have these.

Newcomers? Hmm... I want Ridley, Krystal, Takamaru and Lucario. I think that would build up the hype pretty well... and I just like Takamaru. ;)

Nalafein

Smash Cadet
Mii is pointless, i feel thats just a filler. Animal crosser? i dont know much about that franchise but i rather see a AC than a mii in brawl, even though both could easily be replaced by other characters from other franchises that would be more sutible to brawl, or atleast more intressting to play.

cheezysnacks

Smash Cadet
I hope mii's are in and they give them totally unbelievable moves... like hadouken from street fighter, and just make them a rediculously fun character to play.

EDIT: i also don't see how geno and ridley can't be in this game considering their posistion on Sakurai's poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom