• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible 3DS\ Wii U tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I wouldn't be surprised if Link and Samus were still in Bottom Tier. Peach, Fox, and Pikachu will probably be relatively high. It is all far too subjective. I think the balancing of Namco will change up some of the perpetual tiers of certain characters. You never know... characters like Jigglypuff were top straight to bottom. So we won't know until we play (obviously).

MarioAnIke

Smash Cadet
NNID
LuigiCheezburger
S Tier: Sanic

F Tier: Everyone Else
Srsly?

I wouldn't be surprised if Link and Samus were still in Bottom Tier. Peach, Fox, and Pikachu will probably be relatively high. It is all far too subjective. I think the balancing of Namco will change up some of the perpetual tiers of certain characters. You never know... characters like Jigglypuff were top straight to bottom. So we won't know until we play (obviously).
True... But Jigglypuff isn't in this game

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Well, there are too many unknowns as of now to succesfully predict the tier list itself in my opinion, although there are some hints. I cannot see normal Link topping the Toon one as of now, for example, because it seems like their moveset(s) didn't change too much, and general global rules didn't change too much neither.

What is more interesting is the question of visibility of imbalances, as in - will we have the next Meta Knight of sorts? Dude's superiority was obvious even in casual play.

MarioAnIke

Smash Cadet
NNID
LuigiCheezburger
Well, there are too many unknowns as of now to succesfully predict the tier list itself in my opinion, although there are some hints. I cannot see normal Link topping the Toon one as of now, for example, because it seems like their moveset(s) didn't change too much, and general global rules didn't change too much neither.

What is more interesting is the question of visibility of imbalances, as in - will we have the next Meta Knight of sorts? Dude's superiority was obvious even in casual play.
You make a lot of good points in this message.
1. There really ARE some hints. Just look at Bowser.

2. Toon Link is faster than Link, so he would rank higher.

3. Meta Knight should come back!!

Thinking about removing this thread. Dunno why.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I'm hoping a LoZ character will be high tier.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
I'm hoping a LoZ character will be high tier.

Historically it's never been the case. Limited recovery, slow sword attacks, low KO power due to sword mechanics, camping options that don't lead anywhere, etc.

Link's just destined not to be top tier. Sheik on the other hand can be if Sakurai doesn't nerf her to the ground.

BigTheTank

Smash Rookie
Kirby better be SSSS+ Tier.
Also I kind of hope Samus is much more viable in the next game, Metroid is one of my favorite franchises...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well let's try and take this character by character with what little we know.

Sonic - If the hitstun program error has been fixed from Brawl, IE not being able to be canceled, and he gets some actual KO power coupled with his incredible speed I could seem him being high tier, perhaps top tier.

Toon Link - Will probably stick to upper mid tier, might be able to make it to high tier.

Peach - Upper mid tier at the very lest, bottom top tier at the very most.

Luigi - Mid tier most likely.

Olimar - Top tier, he's just that good.

Mario - Low or mid tier.

Villager - Top upper mid tier or higher.

Donkey Kong - Mid tier.

Link - Low tier.

Samus - With her speed boost she will most likely go back to her upper mid tier spot or high maybe higher.

Mega Man - Seems high tier.

Wii Fit Trainer - Of the known new comers she seems like the hardest to place imo. I'll go with the safe bet of low tier or higher :p.

Kirby - Low tier or mid tier.

Fox - Upper mid tier or higher.

Pikachu - Upper mid tier or higher.

Bowser - generally known to be low tier. However with his revamped and what looks like increased speed he could perhaps move up all the way to upper mid tier, perhaps even high tier.

Pit - Upper mid tier. Possibly High tier with his move set changes.

Just rough guesses that are also based on pass games,, for example Pikachu and Fox are historically know for generally being higher up on the tier for every game.

Thor

Smash Champion
Eh, Link isn't "destined" to be low tier, but the odds of him being high-tier are not that great - I think if he has back semi-spike up+b and faster attacks he could have a good shot at mid-tier, even more so with a solid recovery - just having some high-speed, low-lag options besides (what was) nair in Melee would help him out greatly.
Kirby can totally be high-tier - someone just needs to go into the coding just before release and screw with his up-tilt so it has hitboxes sizes like SSB64. Then add to his weight.
Samus did need a speed boost, but even more so a power boost - couldn't kill until like 120% is a problem when that's a fully charged Charge-Shot... on the lightweights...
Olimar, it probably depends on if his KO power is nerfed - he's light enough that if his smashes don't kill until higher percents, people might be able to win even if they're trading blows like 3 for 2 or even 2 for 1. Part of Olimar was that he could camp and then still KO at like 100% with his ridiculous up-smash.

I'm tempted to start going back through posts and liking every single one that was made by MorbidAltruism. Just for kicks.

Morbi

Scavenger
Eh, Link isn't "destined" to be low tier, but the odds of him being high-tier are not that great - I think if he has back semi-spike up+b and faster attacks he could have a good shot at mid-tier, even more so with a solid recovery - just having some high-speed, low-lag options besides (what was) nair in Melee would help him out greatly.
Kirby can totally be high-tier - someone just needs to go into the coding just before release and screw with his up-tilt so it has hitboxes sizes like SSB64. Then add to his weight.
Samus did need a speed boost, but even more so a power boost - couldn't kill until like 120% is a problem when that's a fully charged Charge-Shot... on the lightweights...
Olimar, it probably depends on if his KO power is nerfed - he's light enough that if his smashes don't kill until higher percents, people might be able to win even if they're trading blows like 3 for 2 or even 2 for 1. Part of Olimar was that he could camp and then still KO at like 100% with his ridiculous up-smash.

I'm tempted to start going back through posts and liking every single one that was made by MorbidAltruism. Just for kicks.
No! Don't do that! It is so annoying and I like to "earn" my likes. Gosh! Haha.

Anyways, I stand by my earlier statement. Link is the destined warrior to endure the low tier, he is the Triforce of courage after all. That is like the Batman of Hyrule. Only Batman is top tier, so perhaps you are right. Logic certainly prevails in the curious case of Link's fairy tiers!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
It's way too early to tell, especially if we're just getting goofy pictures. Though I do expect some things:

• Bowser and Samus will be higher, at least mid-tier is my guess.
  • Pit will be a bit higher than his Brawl incarnation.
That's really it. We can't tell who's been nerfed, but we can tell who's been buffed by Sakurai's comments. If this were the case, Samus, Bowser, Pit, and possibly DK will raise up a few places.

Thor

Smash Champion
You like to earn likes? XD

On topic: I hardly expect Sakurai to actually nerf Pikachu or Fox to the point of below mid-tier - not only are they both fairly iconic, but in Brawl they were each fairly balanced and not broken annoyingly so (Pika's chaingrabs did annoy some, I know) - I think there isn't a reason to nerf them (much), so unless everyone gets substantially better or something fundamental is removed from their games, I would think they stay mid/high-tier.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

As far as we know Link so far has been mostly unchanged. Which means low tier once again, currently at least. There is always the chance they will change stuff later on, I believe Sakurai even stated somewhere that some of the moves for characters are place holders from Brawl. However since we don't know about any changes and just know about what we have seen, it is safe to bet that current SSB4 Link is low tier material, like always.

Even if Kirby got back the Utilt I have my doubts of him making it to high tier. Upper mid perhaps, but I doubt high tier. He'll need more then just one improved move :c.

The speed boost alone should be able to move her to somewhere in mid tier. She will probably need more then that to get higher though.

Olimar deals damage more like 3 for 1 or 4 for 2. He is one of the best damage builders ever. He can be at 100% when he kills the opponent and can get the opponent up to his percent before he gets KO'd. Not to mention that with Purple Pikmin he will ALWAYS have KO power, even if the other Pikmin get nerfed to White Pikmin power. There is no need to worry about Olimar. :p

It's way too early to tell, especially if we're just getting goofy pictures. Though I do expect some things:

• Bowser and Samus will be higher, at least mid-tier is my guess.
  • Pit will be a bit higher than his Brawl incarnation.
That's really it. We can't tell who's been nerfed, but we can tell who's been buffed by Sakurai's comments. If this were the case, Samus, Bowser, Pit, and possibly DK will raise up a few places.

I agree. But it is possible to make rough guesses on what we have seen so far and base veterans on pass experience since they don't seem to deviate to far from the tier list of the pass game(s), with some exceptions of course. Also what is this about DK being buffed? I don't recall that ever being mentioned in anyway by Sakurai o.O.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I agree. But it is possible to make rough guesses on what we have seen so far and base veterans on pass experience since they don't seem to deviate to far from the tier list of the pass game(s), with some exceptions of course. Also what is this about DK being buffed? I don't recall that ever being mentioned in anyway by Sakurai o.O.
I was just basing it off of his statement that DK's current build is really strong from around early September. I know it means nothing at all really, but he has been buffed with even more strength, so I figure he might be higher.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Jigglypuff was S tier in Melee and Bottom in Brawl. So we don't know if a character like Olimar would drop from Top to Bottom.

Secondly, you must be insane if you don't think Dr. Jiggles will return in Smash.
Poor Morbid... everyone has it out for your main. :o

Morbi

Scavenger
You like to earn likes? XD

On topic: I hardly expect Sakurai to actually nerf Pikachu or Fox to the point of below mid-tier - not only are they both fairly iconic, but in Brawl they were each fairly balanced and not broken annoyingly so (Pika's chaingrabs did annoy some, I know) - I think there isn't a reason to nerf them (much), so unless everyone gets substantially better or something fundamental is removed from their games, I would think they stay mid/high-tier.
It is a sarcastic inside joke, haha.

Poor Morbid... everyone has it out for your main. :o
I am used to it by now, you should have seen how people treated her pre-Toon Link. I still had an adequate defense, but it was relentless.

Thor

Smash Champion
Zero2570 said:
I love this statement, make it happen sakurai! :awesome:
Hm, he gave Kirby a mask, sword, wings, cape, deeper voice, and really annoying spinning moves... seems like your wish already came true. Oh wait Meta Knight only has 2 S letters.

Just kidding. But Kirby being high-tier again would be cool to see.

EDIT: Hang on, if I want to increase my like count, all I have to do is post where MorbidAltruism is? Interesting...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff was S tier in Melee and Bottom in Brawl. So we don't know if a character like Olimar would drop from Top to Bottom.

I didn't notice this earlier. Anyway Jiggs is one of those few exceptions. Most of the time characters seem to stay relatively close to where they were previously. Like Fox and Pikachu usually being higher up on the tier list or Marth being top tier in both Melee and Brawl or Peach staying relativity higher up from Melee to Brawl, ect... However a character like Jiggs went down so far mostly because of the physics change I think, she did great in Melee because she was one of the few floaty characters in the game and it worked to her advantage, however Brawl changed that. Or Ganondorf due to massively reduced speed and he was one of the characters who had more reliance on L-cancel. Olimar however seems like a character who would do good with any physic change, as he is just a solid character over all who isn't as reliant on that stuff.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
EDIT: Hang on, if I want to increase my like count, all I have to do is post where MorbidAltruism is? Interesting...
Yep. It's a great way to increase his awareness. For instance, who is MaskO'Gears? He's liked none of my posts.. :troll:

Thor

Smash Champion
For me it's more like praying they buff Link and Captain Falcon while not (heavily, I guess) nerfing Falco and Pikachu. At least half of this is more like hoping X is SSS tier or F tier (ICs for Z tier! - oh wait that's grab tier...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom